X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300lbLoveAffair
    replied
    Thanks for the reply’s! I snipped the wire below freq.#66 and the cypher is gone. Now it’s time to read up on Ye Ole E112
    to see what I can do now.

I can’t thank the forum enough!

McKenzie

Leave a comment:

• Silken Path
    replied
    I'm with Geo. I had that happen on my 112 soon after getting it and the forum solved it for me. The diagram in the manual will tell you which one to snip. You can pull out, um, I forget which drawbar, the third one if it's white I think (8' hopefully) and go up the keyboard until you find it. The picture is figure 20, p. 34 in "E100 Service Plus."

Leave a comment:

• geoelectro
    replied
    I had one the other day with a cipher. I took a clip lead, connected one end to ground, and touched each generator terminal until I found the one that killed the tone. Then, I removed the wire on that terminal that goes to the harp board. That stopped the cipher. There is a common problem with harp sustain circuits that create ciphers.

Geo

Leave a comment:

• 300lbLoveAffair
    replied
    Freq # 66 key F5 third drawbar is the constant tone that appears to be related to percussion.

The drawbars and percussion tabs function properly, but constant tone when percussion/drawbar tab is used.

Leave a comment:

• 300lbLoveAffair
    started a topic Hammond E112 constant unwanted tone

Hammond E112 constant unwanted tone

Hey gang,
    I just bought an E112 with a Leslie 247!!! I just unloaded it and have not downloaded the service manual yet, but I couldn’t wait!

The issue is there is a constant tone only on the upper manual.
    The tone [highest F on fundamental drawbar] only rings with perc/ drawbars on upper manual.
    The tone is affected by perc features... reiterate and add vibrato and volume pedal.
    The tone is loud like I was playing it.
    The tone is not affected by messing with perc cutoff adj pot

This organ is filthy and I am going to start the process of cleanup.

Any suggestions on where I should focus my search to stop this tone would be appreciated.

Thanks again
    McKenzie

PS after I unwind I will lookup and post specific tone number and check terminal strip and loom under front rail. And I am mostly happy with my new friend Leslie 247, that I can use with my A100s and M’s
    Last edited by 300lbLoveAffair; 08-19-2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: Leslie 247 not 147
Working...
X