This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A100 Bass Pedal Issue

Hello all. Whenever I use any octave of the B bass pedal with note of e flat or chord involving e flat, the organ produces a high screeching like sound. It does not matter if I am playing on the upper or lower manual. The sound intensifies if I pull out the 5 1/3 drawbar for the foot pedals.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

A video or audio recording helps.

Which drawbar? The pedals only have 2 drawbars but each of them is a mixture of harmonics. Does this “issue” occur with any notes in the manuals? The tone source is the same with the exception of some complex frequencies for tones 1-12.

Comment

https://youtu.be/jsb1buLLMNM

See the link for the video. Thanks.

Comment

This sounds like tone 91 is leaking through. Is the wire for tone 91 touching tone 36 on the wiring harness? They're right next to each other. Also, tone 91 is "neighbors" with tone 48 on the generator, so check for shorts on the generator tray. Refer to the Hammond Service Manual. You could isolate this by desoldering the tone 91 pickup wire from its inductor coil (thus disabling tone 91) and seeing if the sound goes away or not.

Comment

Originally posted by muckelroy View Post
          This sounds like tone 91 is leaking through. Is the wire for tone 91 touching tone 36 on the wiring harness? They're right next to each other. Also, tone 91 is "neighbors" with tone 48 on the generator, so check for shorts on the generator tray. Refer to the Hammond Service Manual. You could isolate this by desoldering the tone 91 pickup wire from its inductor coil (thus disabling tone 91) and seeing if the sound goes away or not.
          Thanks. I will try and find the pdf
          file of the manual that I downloaded about a year ago and give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by kjack1107 View Post
            Thanks. I will try and find the pdf
            file of the manual that I downloaded about a year ago and give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
            I am cursed with perfect pitch. It helps.. sometimes :P

Comment

Working...
            X