This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose wire?

Time to return to fixing my T500. Rhythm unit not working, amongst other issues which I hope to be able to address as this really is a fine instrument. Now, tracing the wiring from the rhythm units takes me to a circuit board on the right hand side towards the back. Connected by a multipin. Something odd, Ann addition I suspect, a single blue wire that has been soldered to the bottom left resister. The other end is not connected but has solder so guess it's come adrift. About 2 including so not too far but where? Any ideas please anyone and why this was added. Could it be the reason no rhythm is working. I'm thinking may have been added to correct a crack in the pcb.

A magnifier glass and light will often reveal the old solder joint and any cracks.Are the other cables 'dressed' a certain way?
    Duplicate that amount of 'slack' and move it around looking for an obvious place to resolder.

And of course being a T500 the molex multi connectors are corroded and shorting?
    Unlikely they aren't. Anywhere on any Hammond when you locate the molex? Be careful,but clean it.
    They failed regularly new(within a few years) so add 50 years.....

Drawbars,generator,manuals,amps,all less expensive to manufacture a T, than an M100.
    I've had to clean M100 manual molex at one time or another,to many a more desirable model.
    A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/142 BV/147 BCV/145 M3/145 M102/145 M111/770 L101/760 T222/HL722 M111/770 no B3/C3!

Comment

Thanks Sweet Pete. That's the odd thing, there is no bend in the wire, just sticks straight out. Must have been soldered somewhere. I wondered if it went back into connector as can see that the second pin has no wire into it. It'll fit there too but would the wires have been soldered into the plugs or another way of securing. I'll clean up the board connectors as may make some difference. Thanks again.

Comment

If it's a Molex, it was most likely crimped, but could be soldered. You'll be able to tell if there's solder on the pin.

Comment

Originally posted by KC9UDX View Post
          If it's a Molex, it was most likely crimped, but could be soldered. You'll be able to tell if there's solder on the pin.
          Thanks, hopefully a quick easy fix.

Comment

Working...
          X