X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4” output and input

Hi all,
    I’m new to the forum and find the technical side of organs quite challenging so apologies if this is a really obvious question!
    If I have a Hammond M-102 which has been modified with a 1/4” output and a Leslie 760 which has also been modified for a 1/4” input am I able to simply connect them directly or do I need additional equipment in between.
    Many thanks,
    Will

Originally posted by Willpentatone View Post
    Hi all,
    I’m new to the forum and find the technical side of organs quite challenging so apologies if this is a really obvious question!
    If I have a Hammond M-102 which has been modified with a 1/4” output and a Leslie 760 which has also been modified for a 1/4” input am I able to simply connect them directly or do I need additional equipment in between.
    Many thanks,
    Will
    Depends. The Leslie 760 is built for a rather hot input signal, way hotter than "normal" line level. So if the 1/4" output on your M-100 is padded down in order to work with "normal" line levels, then you'll get very low volume out of the Leslie.

But on the other hand, there might also be an extra added-on preamp stage in your Leslie, if it had been adapted to "normal" line level.

So... you won't really know without trying. You won't harm anything by doing so, though... the worst thing that can happen is a signal level mismatch (very soft or very loud volume).
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Thanks loads for your help. Really useful. I was worried something might blow!

Comment

Working...
      X