This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching manuals from one organ to another

I have three M3s. One stays in the trailer and is used exclusively on the road. One is for parts and mods and such. One is a home practice organ.

The road organ stays in a trailer that is 200 miles from my home and the other two. It obviously needs a lot of work from being on the road but I don’t have a way to get it from the trailer to my house or to swap it with the home organ. Most of the work is in the manuals. Is it a terrible idea to take the manuals out from the home organ and swap it out with the road organ?

I feel I can do that on the road fairly easily (I’ve taken the manuals out before) without having to transport the entire organ. Thoughts?

Enlist a friend to help you lift the thing out of the trailer?
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

The organ won’t fit in my car. Enlisting a friend won’t make it fit, either.

Comment

Use a friend's car?
        -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic -- 1899 Kimball, Rodgers W5000C, Conn 643, Hammond M3, L-102 - "Let no man belong to another who can belong to himself." (Alterius non sit qui suus esse potest​ -) ​Paracelsus

Comment

If I can haul a Concorde with my YJ Jeep...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycarbs View Post
            The organ won’t fit in my car. Enlisting a friend won’t make it fit, either.
            Drive the trailer all the way to your house?
            Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
            Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

No easy task separating wants from needs. Needs Hammond= needs a van/truck/trailer that can carry one.Add a set of ROK's?
              There,now you can more easily locate help to move it.
              You can hardly blame bandmates for not diving right in to lift a few hundred pounds. ROK's are a GAME CHANGER.
              This is a fact.If you care enough to perform on the real thing,you must enable yourself to do so!I still take out a Hammond locally occasionally but travel lighter usually.
              This was me 45 years ago and after a few 'chopped' along the way it sounds like you are at the mercy of the 'gig' for your transport/logistics?
              If you are under 30 then get a better day job( thats just part of being a keyboardist) and you can afford both,if you already have the means what are you waiting for?
              Maybe the 'road manager' should be you? just sayin'....
              If I had another 'take' at this,I'd get the ROK's first.Then I'd find a vehicle and a ramp.
              You'd have more than enough M3's too >;) Just ask Wes and others on here.

Winter? Blizzak time even here.When you need them,you need them.:->
              A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/142 BV/147 BCV/145 M3/145 M102/145 M111/770 L101/760 T222/HL722 M111/770 no B3/C3!

Comment

Working...
              X