• Show
Clear All

• What is this Hammond model?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2601.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	615414
    I am trying to identify a model of Hammond which is a spinet with some pink and turquois tabs and yellow and green drawbars for the lower manual. It does have an internal Leslie speaker. I doubt very many of these were sold.

I think it is a Hammond 8122 from around 1976.
    Playing Hammond Aurora Classic & XE2, Hohner E3, Roland G800 & AT500.

Comment

Thank you! A search for that model number shows an exact duplicate of the one pictured. One of those and a Leslie 700 being advertised for $800 firm is a little high, I think!

Comment

way too much, definitely too high by alot

Comment

Yes, I think the Leslie is worth at least a little (e.g.: one was sold for around 250€ lately), but the organ is close to zero. Some would say below zero ;-)
          Playing Hammond Aurora Classic & XE2, Hohner E3, Roland G800 & AT500.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhite1362 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]31064[/ATTACH]
            I am trying to identify a model of Hammond which is a spinet with some pink and turquois tabs and yellow and green drawbars for the lower manual. It does have an internal Leslie speaker. I doubt very many of these were sold.
            They actually sold loads of Auroras like this. It was the top model in the LSI spinet range at the time and pretty much took the place of the T series tonewheel models. If you like the LSI sound and can put up with the green and yellow 'hum and buzz' drawbars it's OK. The 700 gives it more oomph but it lacks the treble horns. As has been said, organ value is about zero, leslie 700, maybe $200 - $250 depending on where you are.
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
            Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I think there was one “free to collect” on eBay UK this week.
              Hammond C3, M102, XB3, XB5
              Lowrey Heritage DSO-1, H25-3, Yamaha E70
              Farfisa Compact Duo Mk2, Vox Continental 300, Korg BX3 Mk1, Leslie 122, 145
              www.drawbardave.co.uk

Comment

Less than zero.
                You’d have to pay me to take it away.
                Worthless.
                Current:
                1971 T-202 with Carsten Meyer mods: Remove key click filters, single-trigger percussion, UM 16' drawbar volume correction. Lower Manual bass foldback.
                Korg CX3 (original 1980's analogue model).
                1967 Leslie 122 with custom inbuilt preamp on back panel for 1/4" line-level inputs, bass & treble controls. Horn diffusers intact.
                2009 Marshall 2061x HW Plexi head into Marshall 4x12 cabinet.

Former:
                1964 C3
                196x M-102
                197x X5
                197x Leslie 825

Comment

Working...
                X