This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A vs B case

I wonder if Hammond considered returning to the smaller A cabinet after the war,when the scanner vibrato replaced the chorus gen.Seems like it could have saved them a few bucks and made lugging a bit easier for gigging players.

There's probably no way to know. Hammond kept selling CVs in cabinets with holes for chorus generators through around 1947, whether they were using up existing stock or hedging their bets concerning whether or not customers would like scanner vibrato -- of if it would prove reliable in the field.

And other than the G cabinets made during wartime, I don't think Hammond considered that their products would be gigged. They were intended to be put somewhere and left there, not carted around.
    I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Originally posted by skydawg View Post
      I wonder if Hammond considered returning to the smaller A cabinet after the war,when the scanner vibrato replaced the chorus gen.Seems like it could have saved them a few bucks and made lugging a bit easier for gigging players.
      Interesting supposition. I would imagine that at that point in their history, saving $ was not yet a top priority, but I doubt that the savings would have been that much. Don't forget that the fallboard and music rack on the A was more complicated, so the added cost there probably would not offset the little bit more wood.
      The other thing I wonder is if there would be enough room for the larger amp. There is not much extra space in the larger B cabinet.

I agree with David. Hammond probably never imagined that his organs would be lugged around so he never planned for it.

Bob
      In theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.
      In reality, there is.
      '54 C-2 & Pair of 122 Leslies
      H-324/Series 10 TC
      '35 Model A (Serial# 41) with a 21H
      Look at some of my rescues:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/58226398@N03/albums

Comment

Working...
      X