Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

147 amp with extra 12ax7a gain stage? Ever seen one?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 147 amp with extra 12ax7a gain stage? Ever seen one?

Recently picked up a 145 in pieces. Complete but the 147 amp has been seriously modded. Discrete AC in and speed control is now controlled by a foot switch hooked directly to the relays. Most unusual , someone has added an extra 12AX7 and a 1/4 inch input. The console load resistor appears now to be a volume control for the 1/4 inch in in but organ level signal is still accessed from pins one and 6. All the other standard leslie pins have been disconnected. Looks to have been done by a competent tech. Anyone else ever seen anything like this?. I'm assuming it was done to be able to use a clonewheel without having to use a preamp pedal.

Brian

Here are some pics

Pictures of above
    Attached Files

Comment

I've heard about this being done, but I've never run across one in person. It's more often a case of the amp being modded for guitar use than organ use.

I can't really see how the motor speed switching is done, but if it's done by switching 120VAC via a footswitch, that's generally not considered a particularly safe way to do it.

I can't be 100% sure, but the capacitors used make me think that this modification was done some time ago.
      I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Yes my 147 had this done an extra 12au7 was added to create create a preamp circuit so a guitar and keyboard could be played simultaneously, signal input via two 1/4"sockets, no leslie kit used, very similar setup to briguys description

Comment

This modded 251 is the same idea.Secondary channel has a 1/4" female on a cable that rests against the wall beside the amp when not in use.
          Can use a clone with the box,or the A100.
          12AX7 on secondary can overdrive main channel as well.
          The relay is back to original,that's an old pic.It worked fine,but I always think of the next person....
          A little more iron on these.
          Attached Files
          A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/142 BV/147 BCV/145 M3/145 M102/145 M111/770 L101/760 T222/HL722 M111/770 no B3/C3!

Comment

I have a 147 with the 12ax7 added , it looks very professional and I have it connected to an A-100. I have it ungrounded and it is hooked to the G terminals. The thing kicks butt at only a 3 setting. I believed the unit was gigged so it was probably used with other instruments. I could take pix or draw schematics if u like

Comment

Originally posted by Frankquip View Post
              I have a 147 with the 12ax7 added , it looks very professional and I have it connected to an A-100. I have it ungrounded and it is hooked to the G terminals. The thing kicks butt at only a 3 setting. I believed the unit was gigged so it was probably used with other instruments. I could take pix or draw schematics if u like
              I would very much like schematics for that modification!
              Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
              Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Fortississimo
                I will take pix and sketch a drawing - it may take a few days

Comment

Attached are the PIX & DrawingClick image for larger version

Name:	12AX7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	606741
                  I hope this works

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0025.jpg
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	606743 More Pix of 12AX7 Addition to a Leslie 147 Amp

- - - Updated - - -

One More PIX Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0022.jpg
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	606744Click image for larger version

ID:	606744

- - - Updated - - -

One More PIX Click image for larger version

ID:	606744Click image for larger version

ID:	606744

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how the attaching works Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0027.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	606745
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X