This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Laugh

Maybe you've seen this before, but I just couldn't resist posting it. Got a good chuckle out of it. :->

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3 JOKE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	615553
    Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

Good one!

Did you put this together?
    1955 B3, Leslie 21H and 147. Hammond A100 with weird Leslie 205. 1976 Rhodes. Wurlitzer 200A. Yamaha DX7/TX7. Korg M1. Yamaha C3 grand, 67 Tele blond neck, Les Paul Standard, PRS 24, Gibson classical electric, Breedlove acoustic electric, Strat, P Bass, Rogers drum kit, Roland TD 12 digital drums, Apollo quad, older blackfaced Fender Twin, other amps, mics and bits and pieces cluttering up the "studio."

Comment

Made me laugh too, but I'm not really sure why... A lot of people might not "get it" at all. Sort of an "inside joke" for us organ guys!
      John
      ----------
      *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Exactly. It is an inside joke, having to do with innards, internal organs, to be precise.

In our gastroenterology clinic, we always have this vital organ chart to educate about the ABC's of organs. We use percussion to check out the chest, of chorus. Our heart really goes out to those who do not understand what a Hammond means to the world and the guts it takes to stand our ground against all the other brands. The key is we see things in black and white (surrounded by brown), and have preset opinions on everything. It takes both sides of the brain to operate a Hammond, as we all know. Hope you don't mind the ribbing.

Nelson's was better, by the way...

\Click image for larger version

Name:	HAMOND INTERNAL ORGA.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	606790
        Last edited by Tonewheel; 12-15-2018, 01:39 PM.
        1955 B3, Leslie 21H and 147. Hammond A100 with weird Leslie 205. 1976 Rhodes. Wurlitzer 200A. Yamaha DX7/TX7. Korg M1. Yamaha C3 grand, 67 Tele blond neck, Les Paul Standard, PRS 24, Gibson classical electric, Breedlove acoustic electric, Strat, P Bass, Rogers drum kit, Roland TD 12 digital drums, Apollo quad, older blackfaced Fender Twin, other amps, mics and bits and pieces cluttering up the "studio."

Comment

Originally posted by Tonewheel View Post
          Good one!

Did you put this together?
          No. I was just googling "B3 images" and it popped up.
          Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

Comment

I need that chart for my office! That’s great!
            sigpic
            1956 Hammond C-3
            Circa 1965 Leslie 145
            1963 Hammond D-152
            1963 Hammond C-3
            1959 Hammond HR-40 Tone Cabinet
            Motion Sound Pro 3
            Motion Sound Low Pro
            1958 Hammond M-3
            C.Bechstein D282 9'3" Concert Grand
            1977 Wurlitzer 200A

Comment

Can't It's copyrighted.

Kidding.

There is no such chart, as you know. Recently retired GI guy. I scoped my B3 the other day to see what was going on in there. Not much to biopsy...

Comment

If I were to make a chart like that, I’d put the Hammond where my heart is. Yes, I am a fanatic. :->
                sigpic
                1956 Hammond C-3
                Circa 1965 Leslie 145
                1963 Hammond D-152
                1963 Hammond C-3
                Motion Sound Pro 3
                Motion Sound Low Pro
                1958 Hammond M-3
                1977 Wurlitzer 200A

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Heart organ.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	606804

Is this to your satisfaction? If you are a cardiologist, you can label at will. And if you place the stethoscope over the left 4th intercostal space, this is what you will hear: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0SQzjGJN1QS It sounds like a leaky valve, which can be replaced at Tonewheel General.
                  Last edited by Tonewheel; 12-17-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Nice!! I like! :->
                    sigpic
                    1956 Hammond C-3
                    Circa 1965 Leslie 145
                    1963 Hammond D-152
                    1963 Hammond C-3
                    Motion Sound Pro 3
                    Motion Sound Low Pro
                    1958 Hammond M-3
                    1977 Wurlitzer 200A

Comment

There has been a fair amount of chatter on moving Hammonds here. May you never have to move that beautiful Bechstein! And may you never have problems with that 200A board with cold solders and the worst fuses in the world (personal experience).

There really are very few cartoons about the Hammond, so Nelson wins the award!

How about this?

Q: What do you get if you throw a B3 down a mine shaft?
                      A: A flat miner.
                      Q: What do you get if you drop a B3 on an army base?
                      A: A flat major.
                      Q: Why is a B3 better than an L?
                      A: Because you break more stairs and it makes a much louder noise when the roadies drop it.

Want to hear a joke about Hammond percussion?
                      Never mind, it's too short.

Why doesn't heaven have Hammond organs?
                      because they needed every spare key for accordions in hell.
                      Last edited by Tonewheel; 12-17-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Good ones! Okay, it's not an organ joke, but it's my favorite musician joke:

What do you call a guy who hangs around musicians? A drummer!

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. The Bechstein is truly a work of art, and fortunately, she's in her permanent spot (at least until I start pushing up daisies). No plan on moving any of the Hammonds either, although I do hope to add to the collection. B-)

And yes, those Wurlitzers are temperamental beasts!
                        sigpic
                        1956 Hammond C-3
                        Circa 1965 Leslie 145
                        1963 Hammond D-152
                        1963 Hammond C-3
                        Motion Sound Pro 3
                        Motion Sound Low Pro
                        1958 Hammond M-3
                        1977 Wurlitzer 200A

Comment

That was a good one but I drummed professionally until Med school. Thanks for the compliment. “I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel they have not said enough.” Mark Twain

This is what the organist in our group thought of me:

How do you tell if the stage is level?
                          The drummer is drooling from both sides of his mouth.

What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?
                          "Hey, how about we try one of my songs?"

What do you call a drummer with half a brain?
                          Gifted.

"Hey buddy, how late does the band play?"
                          "Oh, about half a beat behind the drummer."

How is a drum solo like a sneeze?
                          You know it's coming, but there's nothing you can do about it.

What is the difference between a drummer and a savings bond?
                          One will mature and make money.

What did the drummer say to the band leader?
                          "Do you want me to play too fast or too slow?"

Comment

Loved the joke about the savings bond in particular!

Here's one more: Why does a drummer have an ounce more brains than a horse? So he doesn't disgrace himself in parades.
                            sigpic
                            1956 Hammond C-3
                            Circa 1965 Leslie 145
                            1963 Hammond D-152
                            1963 Hammond C-3
                            Motion Sound Pro 3
                            Motion Sound Low Pro
                            1958 Hammond M-3
                            1977 Wurlitzer 200A

Comment

That one is so crafty it requires two ounces more of brain. Good one.

Just so we don't get this thread kicked off into outer space, we should really get back to Hammonds. So I will try this one:

When I left drumming and started to play the Hammond, Hammond and Leslie both came down personally and rubbed their names off my B3 and Leslie.

Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X