This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limed Oak

This is inspired from a different thread but have any of you seen a Limed Oak B-3. Sal Azzarelli told me at lunch one day he had a blonde one but that Lime Oak finish didn't hold up well and could look dirty.

Seen 'em on google images, they all seem to be dated '58. My C3 is the same year, same colour. Sat in a church for 50 years and got damaged by overwatered potplants!

I guess the only issue would be that damage and dirt might contrast more against the light finish. I can't imagine the varnish being better or worse than that used on cherry or walnut.
    Fact is a ding or road gunge shows up on any colour and just looks like what it is.
    -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-
    -1967ish Leslie 122- -1975 T500 (modded..chopped, and reassembled!)-
    -DIY 760 FrankenLeslie/rat hideout-
    -1980 Electrokey Electric Piano- -Yamaha electric Harmonium (early 80's?)-
    -1990 Jansen GMF150 amp- -1992 Korg 01W/fd- -1992 G&L S-500 geetar.

Comment

Originally posted by NittyRanks View Post
      This is inspired from a different thread but have any of you seen a Limed Oak B-3. Sal Azzarelli told me at lunch one day he had a blonde one but that Lime Oak finish didn't hold up well and could look dirty.
      Hi NittyRanks.
      A Hammond enthusiast here in Victoria, Australia owns a wax capped Limed Oak 1958 B3 organ which was previously owned by Joey DeFrancesco.
      I saw and heard this Limed Oak 1958 B3 organ at the Hammond Extravaganza gig hosted by Tony Monaco which was held in Melbourne back in 2007, and this B3 connected to a Leslie 21H with a 32H Series 3 amplifier in it sounded very much like Rudy Van Gelder's C3 as heard on the Blue Note/ Verve albums.

Back in around 1996 and in 2004 I saw two Blonde Oak 1964 C3 organs in two organ shops. Considering the rarity of the Blonde Oak organs in Australia, I wonder if the Blonde Oak C3 organs that I saw in 1996 and in 2004 might actually have been the same organ.
      All the best.
      Kon.

Comment

I saw a limed/blonde B-3 at an auction some years back. It was almost mint. Very nice looking piece. Not sure if it was oak.

Comment

Todd might know if he has seen this thread. Blonde is a different finish then the lime oak. I have seen RT or D-100 series with oak finishes.

Comment

Working...
          X