This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information please: replacing generator oil threads

I have the generator of a 1947 CV on my bench. Among other problems, there is a broken oil thread to one of the bearings. Any advice on replacing it? there is no access to the oil tray from above . . .

Most likely you have to desolder all pickup wires and then remove the top where all filters are mounted. Beneath it is the oiltray.
    A+A20+PR40+145. Novachord.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      that's ugly . . . thanks

Its not so hard. An hour maybe.
    A+A20+PR40+145. Novachord.

Comment

Did this several times....

Well, if you are in there, take some tweezers and pull on all wicks. If they are weak, they break and have to be replaced. Maybe lot of work, but they won't last forever. The day will come.....
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Restored my Hammond C2 (Ser. 37447, 1950, original 230V/50Hz model, rev. B AO-10 Preamp and ElectroTone PER200 Percussion, this organ was made and exported to Switzerland in 1950. Also restored and using: Leslie 760, Leslie 122, 2 Hammond PR40, 2 Hammond L100.
      Hammond M3 (Ser. 58280).
      www.hammond-restauration.ch

Comment

• geoffbrown
        geoffbrown commented
        Editing a comment
        what material and what size should be used as a replacement?

cotton wick. uncolored. same size. take a sample.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Restored my Hammond C2 (Ser. 37447, 1950, original 230V/50Hz model, rev. B AO-10 Preamp and ElectroTone PER200 Percussion, this organ was made and exported to Switzerland in 1950. Also restored and using: Leslie 760, Leslie 122, 2 Hammond PR40, 2 Hammond L100.
      Hammond M3 (Ser. 58280).
      www.hammond-restauration.ch

Comment

CV is back together and operational. I managed to pull in a thread, and replace others to sync motor and scanner. Pretty satisfying considering it hasn't run in over 20 years . . .

Comment

Working...
        X