Hammond M-102 project first look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond M-102 project first look

Initial look at the new M102 project revealed an AO-29 original power cord that needs some help an AO-44 reverb amp has a little cap problem.
    original power chord AO-29 M-102 amplifier M-102 HAO-44 reverb amp issue
    Hammond A-102
    Hammond M3 - project
    Hammond PR-40 tone cabinet
    Leslie 145
    One Leslie 60 and one 70 for use with Rhodes and Wurlitzer piano

Looks exactly like my M100 power cord 8) The cord going through the center of the Heyco strain relief was so hard that I could not get the strain relief to release. It wound up breaking from age brittleness. You might want to obtain a new one.

It looks like some bees came and took their wax back from the caps.
    Tom in Tulsa

Fooling with: 1969 E100, 1955 M3, 1963 M100, Leslie 720

Comment

Hi Juan , yep those look like need replacing. I myself just bought the M102 with the AO-29 Ilike the look of these because don't the front legs. I am on here trying find out if this model has a tone switch. best of luck on your build

Comment

Originally posted by Ork View Post
        Hi Juan , yep those look like need replacing. I myself just bought the M102 with the AO-29 Ilike the look of these because don't the front legs. I am on here trying find out if this model has a tone switch. best of luck on your build
        What's a tone switch? Do you mean gain? The M-102 is my fav M100 cabinet. It looks like a mini A100.
        Hammond A-102
        Hammond M3 - project
        Leslie 145

Comment

• Ork
          Ork commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw a vid on Youtube and called it tone but I think that you are right "Gain" might be more appropriate

Originally posted by tpappano View Post
        You might want to obtain a new one.
        I'm trying to think of an analogy here to describe how dangerous it is to even plug that cable in for testing the amp out. Don't think of it. Replace it first.

Comment

Muckelroy: how about "plugging in that wire is like sticking your fingers into the outlet ....wet!"
          Practise the theory...realize the practical
          Hammonds L100 /A100 /B3 Leslie 147 and 122 Yamaha E352 Key board driven in OVATIONS 15" 40 watt power

Comment

Originally posted by muckelroy View Post

I'm trying to think of an analogy here to describe how dangerous it is to even plug that cable in for testing the amp out. Don't think of it. Replace it first.
            No worries. Both are off to the Hammond tech for service.
            Hammond A-102
            Hammond M3 - project
            Leslie 145

Comment

Working...
            X