This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "poor man foldback" troubles

In the process of cleaning out the peanut shells stuck in my newly purchased M3 (i think it's a '58) I pulled the covers off the upper manual intention of doing a "poor man's foldback" on the upper notes. I saw an M3 youtube video showing the removal of conductors from a ground clamp and resoldered to the corresponding key terminals. Seemed simple enough, until I got the covers off and found no tone conductors terminated on a ground clamp but all tone conductors wired through a loom on the backside and none terminated to a visible ground.
    I expect that I will have to abandon the idea of a upper manual foldback, but thought I'd ask the community if it is possible, and if so where I can find out how it's done. I'm putting a couple photos up to show how my upper manual is set up
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

nevermind.... I cleaned my glasses-see it now.
    Last edited by solst1ce; 02-15-2019, 01:00 PM. Reason: I see my error... ground are right where they are supposed to be.

Comment

just showed up. glad you found it.
      tied to the same terminals everything is, it's kinda hard to spot sometimes.
      I've done both. Years ago I did a 'poor man' version. This last year, I did a full up version with added contacts and busbars.
      Either one is worth it, IMO.

Comment

Working...
      X