This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LD3061 Oscillator Chip for F2000

I undertook repairs on a Hammond F2000 because it has sentimental value to parents of a good friend. It's actually branded Ace-Tone, but the circuit is the same as the Hammond F2000.

The A#s keep disappearing, and I've determined that the problem is the master oscillator chip, LD3061. Cold spray makes the note appear, but once the chip warms up, it stops working.

It's an obsolete IC of course. Anyone got one lying around?
    I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Is it soldered in or mounted in a socket? You may have already done this but If it is in a socket try 'moving' the chip slightly in and out of the socket to get better contact established between the device leads and the socket contacts. If soldered in, since freeze spray has an effect there could be a failing solder connection of one of the chip leads or perhaps a nearby related lead. Try vibrating the part with a small screwdriver. Hold the shaft between your fingers and spin it back and forth with the plastic handle resting gently on the board or suspected component. This seems to cause a high frequency vibration which will drive bad connections nuts. I used to do this a lot with aircraft avionics and could find bad connections pretty quick.

Tom in Tulsa

Fooling with: 1969 E100, 1955 M3, 1963 M100, Leslie 720

Comment

Tried http://www.organservicecompany.com/parts.html ? it's listed, but looks like an old list...
      C3 chop rescue - in progress
      M102
      L102
      TTR100
      VK-8M
      FrankenLeslie (in progress)

Comment

It is soldered in place, and I have tried reflowing the pins.

Comment

LD3061 = NTE 1026
          http://www.nteinc.com/specs/1000to1099/pdf/nte1026.pdf

you can find it everywhere

http://www.weisd.com/test/GenericPar...editid1=LD3061
          ...and many other

JP

Comment

Thanks for the cross-reference. I'm going to see if I can get a NOS LD3061 through Organ Service; if not, I'll get the 1026.

This one also had some mouse damage. I had to splice seven of the tiny manual harness wires that had gotten chewed on. Not a fun job.

But it all works except for the A#. Still kind of "meh" sounding to me. Not as interesting as the better transistor combo organs or some of the Lowreys.

Comment

NTE is not a Manufactuer. They sale the same parts rebadged.

For the small wires, i use mini-wrapping wires. the best for heat resists have teflon insulation.

Ebay + wrapping wire.

JP

Comment

FWIW, Organ Service is out of these, so I ordered the NTE replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X