Finding parts for models not popular

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding parts for models not popular

The new Aurora is in great sound shape but needs some work on cosmetics. Having scanned through a lot of posts, it is clear there is lots of parts availability for the "big name Hammonds" . Where does one go for parts for series like the Aurora? I need a fader cap for the Philharmonic STrings and and lights and lenses for the indicator lights for the rhythm variations beat Indicators. Is it standard form to buy a sacrificial piece in the model line and use it for a parts source?

I'd say you probably have to find a donor organ and part it out - "nobody" works on those models, and consequently nobody keeps a pile of parts either.
    Current organs: AV, BC, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 142, 147, 760
    Organs in the past: L-100 (several), M-100 (x2), T-100, E-100, CV
    Other keyboards: Roland FP-4, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Korg Krome, Novation Mininova

Comment

Thanks. That helps me out.

Comment

I’ve used type 85 miniature wedge base bulbs for my rhythm unit. Although they are a higher voltage, the brightness is still effective and the bulbs will last longer. Now, my rhythm unit has lighted pushbuttons for both the pattern and variation selection.

Yes, there are parts available for LSI organs from Celedonia Organ Service, although I’ve not checked on the specific parts that you have mentioned.
        Have: Hammond 340212 Elegante
        Had: Hammond T-311 and 333114 Colonnade
        Never will have: Laurens Hammond 350 w/ 2 - 751 Leslies

Comment

Thank you kkeys I will check with them. Your solution is the track I was headed down. I figured there would be solutions using contemporary technology

Comment

Originally posted by Thohahente Weaver View Post
            The new Aurora is in great sound shape but needs some work on cosmetics. Having scanned through a lot of posts, it is clear there is lots of parts availability for the "big name Hammonds" . Where does one go for parts for series like the Aurora? I need a fader cap for the Philharmonic STrings and and lights and lenses for the indicator lights for the rhythm variations beat Indicators. Is it standard form to buy a sacrificial piece in the model line and use it for a parts source?
            Yes, It's always good to have a donor organ...
            Unwanted Bitcoin? Dispose of them safely here:14hjbheQVki8eG75otRK4d2MQBarCCWQfJ

Comment

Working...
            X