This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding M3 Percussion to BV

Hi all, brand new here so the simpler, the better.
    I just picked up a BV paired to a DXR-20 that I'd like to add percussion to. I have an M3 and have read that it's possible to use it's factory percussion circuits in a CV. Any resources that can help me navigate this process for a BV?

The percussion circuitry really only consists of two major parts: The switch assembly, and the amplifier. Yes, the percussion all happens within the regular amp. So you would need to retrofit both the switch assembly and the amp from the M-3. And, if you're doing such major transplants - I'd go for the "B-3" preamplifier instead, the AO-28.

Another option is the TREK2 add-on percussion unit which sounds good but is somewhat awkward to maneuver "on the fly"; plus it doesn't sound quite right when installed in a -V because the percussion tone is affected by the vibrato (unlike how it would be in a B-3). But on the brighter side the install is _very_ simple.
    Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Thanks enor, sounds like transplant might be too involved. I'll probably go with the trek ii eventually.
      Also, just opened it up and its actually a BC.

Comment

Well, then you won't be bothered by the perc going thru the vibrato/chorus :)
        Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
        Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

In a way, Trek II percussion is more compatible with a BC than a BV because the BC's chorus effect enters the signal chain at the tone generator. I suppose it would be affected by the Tremulant, but at least you can get percussion + chorus.

In general, I think the Vibrato (CV) preamp is less friendly to modifications or additions than any of Hammond's other.
          I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

Glad to hear , thanks for the info David

Comment

Working...
            X