This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A102 to C2 Transplant

I'm transplanting my beat up A012 into a pristine C2 I got from a church in my little home town. I have accounted for every contingency (I think).
    Question. Should I retain the C2 silver wooden vibrato line box?

Jim

No. I would use the A100 line box.A quick look inside a -2 without a wooden linebox ? is sure to raise an eyebrow though ;>)
    The linebox on my -2 does sound great ,if the A100 sounds as good or better leave it be.
    Only a fanatic (like me) would keep the -2 line box for looks.....
    This pristine A102 is staying an A102.
    Just to yank the chain a little more,there's no room in an A102 for a -2 linebox......haha.
    The C3 chorus settings on my A100's are what I'm listening for on other organs as well.....'the best'.
    A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/142 BV/147 BCV/145 M3/145 M102/145 M111/770 L101/760 T222/HL722 M111/770 no B3/C3!

Comment

If the C2 works well, I'd put a Percussion kit in and carry on.

Comment

I agree completely with Tim....if the C2 is pristine, there is absolutely ZERO reason to do an entire transplant when a simple Percussion installation will achieve the same result. Waayyy too much work for no reward other than saying you did it!
        1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
        Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
        Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
        New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Comment

Also,the A might have foam in the manuals...The C2 won`t.

Comment

All I would transplant is the drawbar base w/switches, drawbars (if the C-2 has ratchets) and preamp.
            Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
            Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been fighting drainage issues in my back yard and last week my brother dropped his bobcat off. Way to much fun........

The rest of the story. I have an A105 as my house organ with 122/147 connects. The A102 was my original Hammond - its in pretty bad shape cabinet wise.
              The C2 came from a historical society museum. They were trying to make more room in the sanctuary of this old historical church which is a popular wedding venue. For some reason the old restored reed organ got more use than the C2. My friend out there has an expansive collection of reed organs and a pipe organ in his house.

I had a buyer for the C2 - but he low balled me after pickup so I decided to keep it.
              Three organs in the house. I mentioned this to a friend and he made a good offer on the A105.
              I had always consider the A102 chop material and was considering upgrading the C2, but it has ratcheting DB's and a chromatic TWG. It was hard to justify the cost of the Trek upgrade with the DB's. I get a call from a guy looking for C2 manuals. So I ended up selling him the manuals, a pedal board and TWG. A break even proposition and I kept the amp and silver line box.

The only snafu I've encounter is the A102 and C2 pedal assemblies are not compatible. The angle iron attachment is different. I haven't had the time to look into this further as I've been outside playing with the bobcat and when I come in I'm lucky to make it to my recliner.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X