X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to Leslie speaker gurus

Hi guys,

What would be a fair price to a "in very good studio condition" Leslie 45, modified with 2 speed motors, half moon switch, Leslie cable and Leslie kit?

</p>

The Leslie kit is installed on a Hamond M3 and I have an M100: is the Leslie kit or breakout box the same for either organ?

</p>

A modified 45, would sound the same as a 145? </p>

What about the amp? Is it similar to a 145 or 147?

</p>

Will I have the stop function? (for jazz)

</p>

Sorry, lot of questions.

Thanks a lot for any input.</p>

Re: Questions to Leslie speaker gurus

BUMP

Comment

I'm no guru but didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday either.</P>

I would think a clean 45 converted to two speed with a connector kit would be worth about $600-800 US. Maybe a little more. All stock 145s seem to bring around $1Kwith no kit. The modded 45 should sound just like a 145. The amps are the same except for the relay and outlets for the two speed motor stacks. Same basic trebble driver and bass speaker also. Unless the leslie has been modded for a stop function, you will have only slow and fast (choral &amp; tremelo).</P>

I see no reason the same kit could not be used on either spinet. Not knowing a kit number it is hard to say for sure. Both Hammonds would be speaker level hookup so I think you would be just fine. You would most likely not have reverb with the echo position selected on the MEE switch (if installed). The M100 is a two channel organ. The purests would say the Leslie 251 (50C , 51 &amp; 51C are the single speed versions) would be the "correct" Leslie for am M100. </P>

Best,</P>

Rich</P>

Comment

Thanks Rich, nobody was chiming in...in a Hammond organ forum...go figure.</p>

The seller states on his ad, re the Leslie:</p>

"...2-speed Leslie rotating speaker. Great condition. Solid state relay for clickless speed switching. Amp was retubed and recapped..."</p>

Is that relay for the STOP function or not?</p>

If not, how can I get the stop function, for Jazz playing for example?</p>

Thanks again.</p>

Comment

I was typing while you were bumping!I saw your post yesterday but was busy and didn't have time to put my 2C in until now.</P>

Most likely not (the stop relay). I've never bought one but there are stop kits commercially available. Google it or Leslie parts and you should find them from one of the major vendors.</P>

Comment

Working...
          X