X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud motor/generator? And pitch problems

Hello friends!
    I just acquired an Hammond H Series. When I start the organ it has a loud motor that never stops. I was thinking it was the tonewheel generator. The other thing that really worries me is that there are random pitches on keys, like for instance, maybe a F#3 key will produce a C#1 note. Also, the organ does not hold pitch, it fluctuates. I was thinking this was a power problem but not sure. The pitch issues also happen with another Hammond I own. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Immediate thoughts? That 'motor' could be the scanner - noisy TWGs usually squeal. Whatever the cause, oil them both NOW! Random pitches? I'l let someone else think about that, as I've never come across it. Fluctuating pitch on both organs? Change the run capacitors on both organs and do that NOW as well, before they go bang.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thank you AndyG. Any other thoughts from anyone?

Comment

Agree with AndyG - change those motor run caps IMMEDIATELY - they are filled with carcinogenic PCB oil and paper, when they explode they will send toxic oil, burnt paper and smoke everywhere.
        Replacement capacitors are only a few dollars.
        Current:
        1971 T-202 with Carsten Meyer mods: Remove key click filters, single-trigger percussion, UM 16' drawbar volume correction. Lower Manual bass foldback.
        Korg CX3 (original 1980's analogue model).
        1967 Leslie 122 with custom inbuilt preamp on back panel for 1/4" line-level inputs, bass & treble controls. Horn diffusers intact.
        2009 Marshall 2061x HW Plexi head into Marshall 4x12 cabinet.

Former:
        1964 C3
        196x M-102
        197x X5
        197x Leslie 825

Comment

Working...
        X