This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 C3 and Leslie 147RV

Hi, I recently purchased a 1962 C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, both in excellent working condition (once I oiled the TG). I was wondering about connecting my Leslie 147RV to it to be used in addition to the tone cabinet. I've been studying this article: Connecting 147 Type Leslies To Older Hammond Console Organs. What I'm not clear about is how to add the 6-pin Leslie connector - can I just add a 6-pin connector to the outlet box in the organ and run a second set of wires to it (including a switch) from the organ's preamp?

Thanks,
    Chris

Your C3 most likely has a 5 pin socket for the PR-40. That is not a guarantee, but the most likely possibility.

You will most certainly want to add a second socket, 6 pin, for the 147.

As for "is that all I need" that depends on whether you want to keep using the PR-40, and if so, whether you want to have Main-Ensemble-Echo switching for it. If so, you will need a kit. I don't think Leslie ever sold a kit intended for a balanced console (like the B-3 or C-3) with M-E-E switching for a 5H and 6W hookup. There are many ways to make your own sort of M-E-E switch array with a few resistors. I'd have to go digging through my notes to provide a recommendation here.

Comment

I couldn't find my notes I was talking about earlier, but this post may help you out, if you are interested in M-E-E switching between the two.

The problem you'll have is that one, or both cabinets will hum if their signal lines are left disconnected. This would solve the problem, most likely.

https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...n-switched-out

Comment

Thanks so much for the info! I don't know that I necessarily need an M-E-E switch right now. Yes my C3 has the 5 pin PR-40 socket. Would it be as simple as having either the PR-40 or Leslie connected to their respective sockets, or both if wanted? I'd just like to use either separately or both and be able to change speeds on the Leslie. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X