This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SK2 and midi volume

i use an iOS tablet using the FM2 app via 2 wireless midi connections on the SK2. Currently I have the earphone jack going back to the mixer. I can only control the midi volume with the tablets volume button, which isn't very handy. Is there a better way to control the midi volume. It would be nice if I could control the midi volume with the sk2 expression pedal but I doubt that is possible. Would some type of inline volume pedal work ?

If you connect an expression pedal such as Hammond's EXP-20 or EXP-50 to the SK-2 the SK-2 will be able to send expression data along with the its note on/off etc. data.

Comment

I Do have the exp-50 working with the sk2. I'm not sure I know how to do what you are explaining. Would you explain further?

Comment

If you have the SK-2's MIDI out connected to the tablet, whatever software you use may be able to show you what MIDI data it is receiving. I don't think you need to change anything in the SK-2 to get it to send but you may be able to have better control of it or change it (channel # etc.) by using external Zones. The MIDI section of the manual covers the sending and receiving parameters. If your software doesn't show the data it is receiving, you might try MIDI-OX or SoundQuest's MIDI Tools MIDI Mapper.

Comment

Working...
        X