X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting speaker "wiring plug" from AO-29

Hello to all;</p>

Pre-emptive question to avoid harming things, here! I'm restoring an old M-3, and someone in the past has spliced wires together going from the amp to the speaker. My experience as a guitar tech tells me that this is not the best way to go, especially since the "splicing" consists of wires wrapped around each other and sealed with electrical tape... That, plus the bad splice job is now starting to unravel altogether. Blech...
    </p>

On the top of the amp, there's a black "plug" into which all four speaker wires go (this is an OLDER M-3, s/n 49763, with the "old style" of speaker, 4 wires connecting to it). Does anyone know--does this "plug" just pull out, like a tube from a socket? Twist out like removing a screw? I ideally want to just start from scratch and re-solder new wires from the "plug" back to the speaker, but don't want to rip anything from its roots and hurt things.</p>

It sure looks like a connector that was *meant* to be "dis-connectable," but that's the end of my knowledge on it.</p>

If you need pictures, I can take them, but I bet that someone out there knows exactly what I'm talking about.</p>

Thanks in advance for your assistance! </p>

Re: Disconnecting speaker &quot;wiring plug&quot; from AO-29

Yep, the plug will pull right out of the amp just like a tube. Happy soldering...</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

Re: Disconnecting speaker &quot;wiring plug&quot; from AO-29

Secondharmonic:</p>

Awesome! Many thanks for your help. Happy soldering it shall be--nothing like the smell of molten metal to make you forget how to spell your own name...</p>

This organ has been powered down for a long, long, LONG time. Longer, because I'm waiting for two different music stores to get me some Hammond oil! So much for "buying local instead of using the Internet," eh? But I figure the more things that I can find to solder and repair now, BEFORE connecting any electricity to the thing, the less chance there is that I will be killed by my own piece of equipment, which, I'm sure you'd agree, would be a very embarrassing obituary...</p>

Thanks again; more questions to come, I'm sure.</p>

Comment

Working...
      X