This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-3 with a wah wah pedal???

Ok guys, there's a band I lovecalled Big Organ Trio, check them out...anyways: Mike Mangan, the organist of that band has a B-3 with a wah pedal hooked up to it. Any ideas on how this was done? I can't find anything on the web about it.

Re: B-3 with a wah wah pedal???

Wah and any guitar stomp boxes are "instrument level" devices and would be before the amp. Trek II has them. You could always just ask them after the show or on their Myspace page.

Comment

Can you clear it up a little better than that please?

Comment

Anything that an instrument plugs into directly, i.e. a wah-wah pedal or other guitar stomp box, is an "instrument level" effect. You need an instrument level effects loop like the one from Trek II. What he is using is a Vox Wah pedal. [img]%5BURL=http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/282676/wah.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/282676_wah.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D[/img]

Comment

Have a search for 'effects loop'. I'm sure there have been previous threads on what you can do and how you do it. Might be some over on the Hammondzone group too.
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

You are looking for a ELB-1A from Trek II. Hear is a link:</P>

http://www.trekii.com/#MISC</P>

It is a short scroll down the page.</P>

The usage chart on the Trek II website says they make one to fit M100s. Rick over at Tonewheel General Hospital could most likely sell it to you for a little less $$. He is great to do business with. Send him an email.</P>

H101</P>

Comment

You can simply use two DI boxes (the ones with transformers) or one if you don't connect your organ to leslie but to guitar amp.

Comment

Hi all,</p>

I use a Berhringer DI100 direct box for my M3. I clip lead the DI100 off of the speaker, and then from there into my Boss RT-20 rotating speaker simulator. I also can place wah wahs, etc inline there too (my fav is an old MXR analog delay :-) ).</p>

The nice thing about DI boxes, is that they require no mods to the organ itself.</p>

... my 1 1/2 cents worth :-)</p>

Malcolm</p>

Comment

If you use a DI box both manuals and the bass pedals would be effected by whatever pedal or
                  box you run it into. Mike Mangan has the
                  upper manual running through the wah, and the lower through what looks like a Digitech multi effects pedal.
                  </p>

He's also using the Trek II BTC-1a bass, treble, percussion, and, overall level control. http://www.trekii.com/BTC1A.html . Which means he's replaced the original preamp with the SSP-3A.<font size="+2"></font></p>

Comment

I just saw the big organ trio live. There were so many effects in place it lost the beauty of the Hammond sound. I mean to each his own and everyone has different taste which is cool, but if your gonna alter the sound that much why not just use a couple of clones.But then I guess you couldn't claim to have a big organ now could you.The main reason to cart around the beast is for that untouchable sound of the classic Hammond. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X