T524c reverb reconnection which way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T524c reverb reconnection which way?

Can someone please tell me the pin numbers for the reverb send and return...and which pin is earth on each pair...Is the red rca the output?
    For some reason they have been disconnected at the main amp/reverb board...
    Thanks Richard

According to the manual it should be:

3 - Shield
    4 - Blue plug output from reverb sprint unit

27 - Shield (Should be Not connected)
    28 - Red plug to reverb spring unit

Edit: I've had a look at my power board (T582), there the shield at pin 27 is connected. With ground-loops in mind, I think the manual might be more correct...

Comment

• victa150
      victa150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Douwe,
      Reconnected the reverb as you suggested...and it works but quite a hum with it..tried unplugging the #27 pin...that kills the hum but also kills the reverb....Despite having no solder I'll try and reconnect the wires I broke off the vibrato tab...One of those shields might be an issue...

Tried that..but still nothing...

Comment

• Douwe
      Douwe commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by nothing? Is it making sound but is the reverb not working? Or no sound at all? or what?

• victa150
      victa150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both keyboards are working good and loud and the leslie and pedals....but the rhythm unit sound is very weak and totally lacking in treble...and there is a noise floor hum from what sounds like an open circuit when the volume pedal is on max...I've unscrewed the little boards to get to the bottom of the tab switches and clean those leaf contacts as well...That fixed the intermittent loss of keyboard sound... so I'm on the right track....I'm wondering if I should take the rhythm unit apart and check the silent / sound switch which feels very vague in action? Also I've broken the wire that comes from the vibrato upper tab and I can't see where it's come off..it's a clear coating wire..
      Sorry to ask all these questions...I'm going to be spending a lot of lock down time learning about electronics..it's the first day and I'm half crazy already...

I've taken a picture of the vibrato upper switch electronics. I'm not sure which wire you are talking about, but maybe it is of help to you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-26 09.42.59.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	724459

About your other issues. Maybe try disconnecting the rythm unit and see if it is fine then. You will not have the lower manual unless you make the substution plug (schematic).

Comment

• victa150
      victa150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou...it looks like the wire marked (H) goes under the other similar one and attaches there in the upper left hand corner of the ..looks like a match..so i'll solder it back on..I have the scanner belt off anyway so not using the vibrato...due to noisy scanner..That's for another day..

• Douwe
      Douwe commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome. The scanner I also on my list, but first have to wait for my motor run capacitor to arrive. I don't want to try my luck starting with the old cap again....

• victa150
      victa150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi...I've managed to snap both wires from the vibrato tabs now (U and L)...It's so easy to do if you're not careful..nevermind..not using vibrato..
      Spent all day fiddling with this machine...in search of the dreaded hum...What have a I discovered? If I disconnect the # 10 input on the main/reverb amp down the bottom the hum goes away completely.. the top keyboard still works loud and clear...What could that be telling me?

Pin #10 of the main ampflifier goes to the expression pedal.
    The hum might be related to a power supply that is not clean (due to bad capacitors). I also have hum that has te bo reduced and recently ordered new power supply caps. Will keep you posted on whether that solves the problem...

Comment

• Douwe
      Douwe commented
      Editing a comment
      Regarding the hum. I've got my new capacitors and the hum was still there. But a large reduction was found when fiddling with the connector of the auto chord board. Apparently those board edge connectors oxidize causing bad contacts. Give it a try

• victa150
      victa150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Douwe,
      My rhythm board is disconnected so it can't be that...I'm going to try reconnecting the reverb ..see if I can get it working again...I'll keep you posted...
      rich

• Douwe
      Douwe commented
      Editing a comment
      Rythm unit is something else...
      I mentioned the chord board, which is the board mounted flat on the shelve, directly above the tone generator on the cheese wheel side.
Working...
X