Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammond Elegante Reverb, Leslie & Rhythm Break Issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond Elegante Reverb, Leslie & Rhythm Break Issue...

Hi Everyone,

I'm in need of a little help... My Elegante has developed a couple of issues that I need a little guidance addressing. The Reverb will not sound through the organ's built in speaker system. It will however sound through my external 720/540 Leslie, sporadically. This issue didn't start until I blew a fuse on the main power board. I replaced the fuse and everything seemed to spring back to life except the Reverb. Any ideas on what's going on? The second issue is that the built in Leslie takes about 6 minutes to warm up and spin at full speed. Especially, if the organ hasn't been played in a day or two. I know that there aren't any moving parts except for what's in the actual Leslie box. Do I just need to oil a few of the mechanical spinning parts? Or do I have a bigger problem? What and where would I check? The last issue is the Rhythm Break pad. Since, I've owned the organ, 10 plus years now, it hasn't worked. Any ideas? I'll be checking basic solder points today in those areas. Also, I'm in need of a good Service Manual for the organ. Is there a safe website out there to download one from? My apologies for so many questions but your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much and Stay Safe out there-

John

On the Leslie slow ramp up time issue, I’d suggest oiling the Leslie motors. Check the slow motor shaft to ensure that it drops down when the speed is switched to fast. The situation can occur if the slow motor shaft maintains contact with the rubber tire when the fast motor is turned on. Very similar issue with my organ now, time to get the back off and get some oil in, I guess.

I’m certainly no tech, but you may want to follow the reverb signal path to the amplifier. Perhaps a shorted component somewhere in this path caused the fuse to blow.

I don’t have any suggestions on the "Rhythm Break" touch pad unfortunately.

Yes, there is a Service Manual here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...07.html#manual

Note: the manual is for the 340100 series that appears in your photo. There is a later 340200 model series with two illuminated white square pushbuttons located between the manuals on the right side. Outside this difference there may not be any other difference. These controls only are operative with an external Leslie connected, to the control the routing of sound output.

Hope this helps.
    Have: Hammond 340212 Elegante
    Had: Hammond T-311 and 333114 Colonnade
    Never will have: Laurens Hammond 350 w/ 2 - 751 Leslies

Comment

Originally posted by kkeys View Post
      On the Leslie slow ramp up time issue, I’d suggest oiling the Leslie motors. Check the slow motor shaft to ensure that it drops down when the speed is switched to fast. The situation can occur if the slow motor shaft maintains contact with the rubber tire when the fast motor is turned on. Very similar issue with my organ now, time to get the back off and get some oil in, I guess.

I’m certainly no tech, but you may want to follow the reverb signal path to the amplifier. Perhaps a shorted component somewhere in this path caused the fuse to blow.

I don’t have any suggestions on the "Rhythm Break" touch pad unfortunately.

Yes, there is a Service Manual here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...07.html#manual

Note: the manual is for the 340100 series that appears in your photo. There is a later 340200 model series with two illuminated white square pushbuttons located between the manuals on the right side. Outside this difference there may not be any other difference. These controls only are operative with an external Leslie connected, to the control the routing of sound output.

Hope this helps.
      This is great! Thank you... I believe mine is the 340200 model. I have the two white square pushbuttons for the Main and Leslie controls. Keep you posted!

John

Comment

Working...
      X