X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papus
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonewheel View Post
    Enor, had quite a laugh with your reply about the interior lighting! Adam is exceptionally helpful. This was a fun and informative thread,
    Enor you’re missing out my friend!
    Strip Club decor is all the rage

Leave a comment:

• Tonewheel
    replied
    Enor, had quite a laugh with your reply about the interior lighting! Adam is exceptionally helpful. This was a fun and informative thread,

Leave a comment:

• King Julien
    replied
    Here's the back of an Aussie M3 I picked up recently. Apologies its not on the organ, but you get the idea.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• enor
    replied
    Many thanks, Adam Wasserman! I'll likely never be able to build something quite that nice, but gonna try to at least make something vaguely similar

Leave a comment:

• enor
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a musician, I do not run a 1980s strip club

• Papus
    replied
    Plexiglass panel, with RGB LED's on a colour-changing cycle inside the organ?
    That's what I'd do

Leave a comment:

• Adam Wasserman
    replied
    Here are some measurements

Leave a comment:

• Adam Wasserman
    replied
    Here are bunch of detailed photos, tried to throw in measurements where they would be useful. As you x=can see just screws into back of organ, no lip or anything. Interestingly, girl cloth is inset on the inside instead of just stapled to the back.

Leave a comment:

• KeithB
    replied
    I've only got one pic of the back of the M-3 I owned at one time. The picture is in post #19 here.

The back had screws along the edge holding it on. I believe there were four along the top, four along the bottom, and one or two on the sides. The center screen was just cloth.

Leave a comment:

• Tonewheel
    replied
    That looks much nicer than the grid. What about these? Interesting joinery. Enor, are you a woodworker with a router? The frame looks fairly easy, And the mitres could just be biscuit joints. Catch the 4 little screws all down the very edge of the back (vertical)? Brass or bronze might look good. You could install push-in metal clips under the top edge. The second organ is not so pretty, possibly because of a makeshift piece, no matching overhang, larger screws, no staining of the countersunk area, and techs who use claws instead of fingers for removal of the back....😎. The first one is a very nice way to finish off the back for performances. I can see why you are struck by the idea. That photo comes from an old post here on the forum!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_33132.jpg Views:	15 Size:	154.3 KB ID:	739644Click image for larger version  Name:	image_23136.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.1 KB ID:	739706
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tonewheel; 08-21-2020, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• enor
    replied
    Originally posted by handyczech View Post
    This is what my aged brain remembers
    That's the one! I'd like detailed pictures of the trim pieces and how it attaches to the sides if possible. The old M series are different to the newer ones in that the tone generator shelf ends flush with the sides, not somewhat counter sunk like the newer ones. Which makes me confused about how to make the back fit in a good looking way.

Leave a comment:

• tiredoldgeezer
    replied
    Must've been raised around hillbillies, but I never saw a back on an M-3.
    Saw people staple speaker cloth once or twice. Even a bedsheet. But never a legit Hammond cabinet piece.

Leave a comment:

• handyczech
    replied
    This is what my aged brain remembers

Leave a comment:

• Tonewheel
    replied
    This may not be helpful, but would thus A100 concert back be anything close to what you what you might be looking for? It is described as rare and comes from B3 Guys as a wood replacement article. But the horizontal divider needs to be wide enough to accommodate a really tasteful Hammond logo. You could see tubes glowing! wonder if you could bounce a more subtle coloured light off spinning surfaces. Or perhaps just a few interior lights that hint at components...

PS Back in Canada from Europe after 18 months. It was nice to start up the Hammond again!

Dave

Click image for larger version  Name:	221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	739595
    Last edited by Tonewheel; 08-20-2020, 04:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• enor
    started a topic M-3 concert back pics

M-3 concert back pics

Does anyone have good pics of the M-3 concert back (or maybe there were even several variants?)

I need to build something for my latest aquisition...
Working...
X