This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high pitched sqeal coming from tonewheels and inegal notes

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks because with the help of this board I just successfully finished my foldback mod on both manual of my M3. </p>

</p>

I'm now attack some other flaws the organ had from before the mod. here they are:</p>

</p>

My M3 is making this squeal that is NOT coming from the keys. It not coming of the leslie speaker. It'S independent from the the swell pedal. So I figure it must be coming from the TW generator itself. how can I troubleshoot it? Anything to do about it?</p>

2.</p>

My second question is that, when I play all the note one by one with only one drawbar opened, the volume is inegal from one note to another. I thouroughly cleaned all the contacts with contact cleaner. There used to be some scratching on some contacts but now all is well on that side.</p>

</p>

</p>

when moving the swell pedal there is an audible low frequency pop in the leslie. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it was like thta when the organ had a speaker. Since I've put the Leslie 122 I bypassed the speaker with a pwr resistor.</p>

</p>

I still have more questions but I'll stop here for now.</p>

</p>

tx
    </p>

</p>

</p>

Re: high pitched sqeal coming from tonewheels and inegal notes

1) A Squeal? OIL, OIL and MORE OIL! Should have been the first thing to, and if you did oil it, it sounds like it needs more. Maybe just one bearing is gunked up. The last resort is to open up the TWG, identify it and free it.</P>

2) Could be contacts, could be unequal outputs from the TWG, or perhaps you disturbed something when you added the foldback. Is it random, or is there a pattern to it - like Middle C soft on 8', with the octave above also soft on 16'.</P>

3) Can't help you with this one.</P>

Andy</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Working...
    X