X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: where are the g-g terminals?

i may need to borrow my sisters camera to get clear pictures, but i am at least sure it's in a b cabinet. i found damning evidence on the model plate. it says b2, but it has percussion and b+. i'm definitely sure this isn't any kind of spinet. i think the "front panel" may be from a c3 or a100, or i've even considered, its a b3's guts put in a new b cabinet because it traveled around michigan a lot and was played by some semi-famous jazz musicians and was trashed up quite a bit. anyways interface wise its a b3, cabinet is essentially a b3 from perspective, its just the molested guts that aren't right..</p>

i've been sure to know as much as i could about identifying a hammond organ since i across 3 counties only to find a lowry magic jenie. it was the most worthless piece of crap i've ever seen
    </p>

Leave a comment:

• Hammond101
    replied

If the AO-29 is intact it can drive a speaker load of 8 ohms with about 11-12 watts. Basically, you have an M3 amp with B3 manuals and controls, maybe. Kinda neat actually. With the correct kit an M3 will drive a 147 Leslie. Your rig should sound good. Like an M3 with a foldback mod I would guess.</P>

The trickis to figure out what needs to stay and what need to go to get this thing properly set up. If it works now, you may just want to leave it alone and play it as it is.</P>

I'm sure if you have some electrical knowledge and the ability to solder we can fix this thing. There are others on this board who also would lend a hand I'm sure. What we would need is nice clear pics of the AO-29 and all connections to it. Also the same for the 147 amp. Also, Just to be sure we are talking about the right organ to begin with ('cause I'm thinking this may not be a B3), a pic of the console would be best to start with. You may own an M3 and not a B3 to begin with. How many keys does it have per manual? How many sets of drawbars per manual? Does it have reverse colored preset keys on the left end of the playing keys? Does the organ have a built in speaker or speakers? It could be an M100 as well if there are more than one speaker in there. Allof these questions may help solve the mystery of this instrument.</P>

Let us know when you get back in touch with the Hammond.</P>

H101</P>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i don't have access to the b3 at the moment, i'm not at my dad's house, but do you mean it can drive the amp or the speakers? i'm hoping you don't mean the amp, because it's going to need modification to get back the 6-pins, and thus i'm probably screwed

Leave a comment:

• Hammond101
    replied

Wow, the plot thickens! I'm sorry to hear your B3 is not intact. On a stock AO-29 the output is speaker level and there is no preamp output. The speaker out is a four pin connector on the top of the chassis near the left rear viewed from the back of the cabinet. If there are two wires in the connector the amp is set up for permanent magnet speakers and if four wires it is a field coil amp.</P>

It is possible the power section has been bypassed. Does it still have two 6V6 tubes in it? (among others) You did say there where speakon connectors in the console too didn't you. yikes, this is not looking good. But the good news is an AO-29 will drive a 147 Leslie amp very nicely.</P>

H101</P>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i just realized that the ao-28 preamp was swapped out for a ao-29. no wonder the amp didn't look right!. anyways now i think i'm gonna have to start over with everything i knew about my preamp. i was told that it was "biamped" i didn't realize it had a completely different preamp in there. anywho i'm gonna need to figure out where the outputs are on it, does anyone know that?

Leave a comment:

• Hammond101
    replied

My RT3 is up against the wall so a pic isn't possible from it. I have an A100 stored at work, I'll try to post a pic in the AM, Same AO-28 preamp mounted in an inverted position.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic where are the g-g terminals?

where are the g-g terminals?

could someone provide a picture?
Working...
X