Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concorde 2107 pedal replacement

Hi everyone.

I need to replace the expression pedal on my Concorde 2107.

Can I use any pedals from other transistor types and models?

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by DaveMcCarthy; 11-07-2020, 12:31 AM.

This is the trashed pedal on the Concorde I just received.

Comment

I see them on &-bay from time to time from parted out Concorde's. If it's just the pedal that you need (as opposed to the entire assembly), you could probably use any pedal from the LSI-era models that have dual kick switches.
      Over the years: Hammond M3, BC, M102, B3, four X77s and three PR-40s, a Thomas Electra and a Celebrity, three Fender Rhodes, Roland HS-10, HP-2000, HP-600, RD-600, JV-880, a thing made by Korg (?), two Leslie 910s, 122, 257, 258, 247, two 142s, and three custom-built Leslies. Wow, way too much money spent!

Comment

• DaveMcCarthy
        DaveMcCarthy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, yes I’ll keep my eye out. The extent of the trashing is, in a word, complete. The plastic assembly is broken in several places, and without another one to compare it to, I have no idea which small pieces may be missing.

It will have to be a total replacement.

I’m not that familiar with the pedals on Hammonds, but that pedal actually looks quite serviceable. Definitely needs a good cleaning, but do the switches and potentiometer work? You can check them with a multimeter. If there is a problem with the hinge, you may be able to find a replacement. Can we see the part that the pedal mounts to?

Comment

There's no pot- it is LDR and it looks like the best parts are gone-bulb, socket, and shutter.
        Larry K

Hammond BV+22H+DR-20, Celviano for piano practice
        Retired: Hammond L-102, M-3, S-6, H-112, B-2+21H+PR-40, B-3+21H, Hammond Aurora Custom, Colonnade.

Comment

• DaveMcCarthy
          DaveMcCarthy commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct it is an LDR.

The shutter is there, bulb, and LDR.

The diffuser has gone, and although I have the full set of service manuals, I cannot pick out the wiring key - by that I mean which coloured wire does what. For example: The spade-connections to the two kick-switches - which ones are those?

I have emailed The Organ Service Company and am awaiting a response for either help with the connections, or better, a replacement pedal.

The manual shows on page 6-6 the pedal opened up, but not an exploded view, so I cannot fully 100% determine what is missing.

I’m also about to take it out to a plastic welder to try to re-make the plastic chassis, which is in four pieces.

There is an Aurora for sale here in Auckland, and I was thinking about buying it for the pedal alone. The tabs too might be useful as the Concorde has a tab that feels as if it has had a blow. And of course, the Leslie within.

Also closer to me is an F-3000. I’m wondering if the pedal in that is optical. There may be enough parts in there to bring the Concorde’s one back to life - if the plastic welder can help....

Looks to me like a standard 4-wheel piano dolly was used and put in the wrong place-hence: crunch.
        Larry K

Retired: Hammond L-102, M-3, S-6, H-112, B-2+21H+PR-40, B-3+21H, Hammond Aurora Custom, Colonnade.

Comment

• DaveMcCarthy
          DaveMcCarthy commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah! You know, I’ve been trying to figure out what the HELL happened? The plastic is a fairly tough variety, so it must have been an apocalyptic episode!

I even thought a 9 or 10-year-old-boy may have been playing “driving a rally car” or some such game...but even then, the trauma the pedal suffered was too enormous.

Your theory sounds good.

This is where I’m at: old epoxy cleaned off and seeking a plastic welder to re-build.

Comment

You can also try something like JB weld to try and glue the pieces back together. It is extremely tough, so I wouldn't worry about it coming loose afterwards unless it wasn't glued properly. Just sand down the surfaces a bit so it has something to bite into, and be sure to carefully clamp it. You can get some small clamps for the job, or potentially use those plastic crafting clips. I find that you can use paper towel or the plastic from a freezer bag to protect the clamps. The paper will be stuck on permanently, but plastic should peel right off the JB weld (whereas the plastic you sanded and prepared will be bonded very strongly).

Comment

Thanks for that
            I do have that product. I’ve just dropped the pieces in to the plastic welder, so I’llsee what he comes back with.

Comment

Jerry Welch founder and owner of Organ Service Co recently passed. I have seen no mention of the continuation or liquidation of his company yet.
              Larry K

Comment

Hi Larry

Yeah, Rick from the Tonewheel General Hospital told me. Worth a try.

Comment

I was out in my storage building today and looked at the pedal assembly I kept when I parted out a Hammond LSI organ. The plastic piece in the pedal looks to be the same.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim

Peter Stweetzir up in Vancouver is sending me a pedal that should do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                    X