Hiring a mechanic to fix my organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring a mechanic to fix my organ

So, the hum on my organ has actually gotten worse. I don’t know what happened. I can’t fix this on my own, so I was able to get a hold of a mechanic. He’s coming out December 8th to take a look at the organ.

Its great that I have a professional taking a look at it, but I feel kind of bad that I was unable to fix it on my own. Part of that is my ADHD.

Jared

You have to wait a month for service? Is he really that busy?

Comment

Yep. I actually was able to fix the hum, but now the upper keyboard is failing. I need a mechanic.

Comment

Apart from changing the capacitors in the power supply, and ensuring that the required voltages are getting to the various parts of the organ, I don't think the engineer is going to be able to do much more than you can yourself. Connectors, connectors.... And remember that you'll be doing this many times. It will probably work OK for a while, then start to fail here and there. They did this when brand new, as I've said before.

Anyway, let's hope that his visit will leave you with a working organ that you can enjoy, hopefully for a reasonable length of time.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by Jnicholes View Post
          Yep. I actually was able to fix the hum, but now the upper keyboard is failing. I need a mechanic.
          Try not to call him a mechanic to his face when he arrives. Organ Technician, even simply Technician, as a title, should not offend.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I’ll call him and organ technician.

anyway, about the connectors, I did clean most of them, but not all of them. Some were extremely difficult to access.

Comment

Working...
            X