Bob Schleicher's passing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Schleicher's passing

I'm not sure of the best place to post this, but I am saddened to report the passing of my Brother, Bob Schleicher who I know many of you have dealt with over the years. I will be wrapping up his business (EIS) over the next few months. RIP the Oakland Chop!

I'm also very sad to hear this. Bob was a real gentleman and very helpful to many of us. I spoke to him on the phone several times.
    I'm David. 'Dave' is someone else's name.

Comment

I did not know Bob, but his contributions to the Hammond organ community are quite remarkable. A very knowledgeable innovator who has played an important role in this business! This is sad news.
      Current organs: AV, M-3, A-100
      Current Leslies: 22H, 122, 770

Comment

Sad to hear Bob has passed on.He did some work for me,Advised me on all things Hammond/Leslie for many years.Rebuilding the 22H amp for Jazz Cellar,and was our last 'exchange'.
        Bob once sent me a free set of -2 drawbars that I still use, He was a one of a kind tech.Condolences to Bill and family,Your brother will be long remembered and often missed!
        A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/142 BV/147 BCV/145 M3/145 M102/145 M111/770 L101/760 T222/HL722 M111/770 no B3/C3!

Comment

Living in a different continent I never knew him personally either, but as being a member of Hamtech mailing list since 20+ years ago, his name and knowledge were even more familiar to me. Sad to hear that one of those great names has gone. My condolences.

Comment

He was an icon and savior for all of us organ Players in the Bay Area. He saved my Butt more times than I can count. He was incredibly generous. More often than not he refused to take money for his help. I've been playing one of his early chops since the 90's and even though I bought it used from someone else he wouldn't take a dime for any repairs it might have needed over the years.

He reminded me of my dad as an old-guard electrical engineer. He knew everything Hammond! His official retirement a couple years ago left a HUGE irreplaceable vacuum in the Bay Area Hammond tech community.

Tears are flowing. RIP Bob.

Comment

Recent member here so I am just now seeing this although I was aware of Bob's passing. As aforementioned, his passing is a great loss to the Hammond community. What a pity that there are no young apprentices to carry on the wisdom of these Masters. RIP Bob and thanks for the work you did for me.

Comment

Working...
              X