This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting my M-162 to Leslie 710

I have a Hammond M-162 and a Leslie 710. Is it possible to connect them? The guy I bought them from had them connected but I'm not sure if he has done it right (actually I am sure that he did it wrong...) For the first, there always seems to be reverb on and the other thing, it's really not as powerfull as it should be. So is it even possible to connect a M-series with a Leslie 710? I have the connectors and one half moon switch. How about connecting it to a T-series organ? I really hope that I could get the m and 710 connected... Leslies and organs are really hard get in Finland, you usually have to pay 2000+ euros for a M-100 without a leslie... a proper leslie would probably add a couple of thousand euros. So I'm really hoping to get this set-up working!</p>

</p>

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.</p>

</p>

/Tony :)

</p>

Re: Connecting my M-162 to Leslie 710

Hi Tony</P>

Nothing wrong with your English - it's better than my Finnish!</P>

The 710 is not usually a very good partner for the M162. You would have to do some modifications to the leslie, installing a crossover to make sure that the pedal sounds come through the 15" bass speaker in the 710. Normally, you leave the reverb working in the M162, with just the organ sounds running through the leslie.</P>

With the right connector kit, it is possible to make a 710 work well on a T200 or T400, you take the straight voice signal from the large speakers in the organ, and the rotary signal from the 8" speaker in the internal leslie unit. The crossover is already in the organ, so the leslie is happy! A 710 plugs straight into a T500. T100 is as hard to connect as your M162.</P>

I can never understand the crazy prices that are paid in continental Europe for organs and leslies. Have a holiday in the UK, buy a Hammond M for a couple of hundred euros, a tube leslie for less than 1000 and then take them home on the ferry! [:D]</P>

Why not join the Hammondzone Yahoo group? You'll find all the information you ever needed about connecting leslie 710's to Hammonds there!</P>

Andy G</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Re: Connecting my M-162 to Leslie 710

Thank you for your quick reply!</p>

I'll probably disconnect the Leslie from the M-162 and wait for the T and Leslie 145 to arrive and swap the leslies. </p>

</p>

Yes, the prices are just awful. I usually buy my organs from the UK or Germany. I've had about 10spinets and one BC, and whenever I found a better example from ebay, or whenever I've been in the need of cash I've sold the organs here in Finland with a nice profit. So maybe it's a good thing that the prices are really high around here ;)
      </p>

Comment

Working...
      X