h182 buzzes louder and louder after twenty minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h182 buzzes louder and louder after twenty minutes

Hello I am new here and I am French I use a translator to make myself understood. Hope you can understand me. I find this great and informative site and I say thank you to everyone who helps to learn more about the Hammond organ. I managed to find an h182 in Italy. For $ 2000 here we are not lucky enough to find h100 for $ 100. I find the h182 very beautiful to own one is a childhood dream to me and I am 58 years old now. My h182 is first generation 5461 series. Everything works pretty well the capacitors have already been changed but I don't know when. I still have a big problem. There is a fairly loud but reasonable hum. After 20 minutes it begins to growl louder and louder and it smells like burnt. Since I'm afraid of breaking something, I cut the power and wait. Often this does not happen. only a few times. When I use the Leslie I don't get a hum in the Leslie only through the organ speakers. The other problem is that the string bass doesn't work. I can hear the string bass when I step on the pedals a bit, but when I press hard there is only the normal note. I understand that capacitors need to be changed, but I don't know which ones. could you help me please? Thanks a lot for your help.

Welcome to organforum. Your translation is working fine.

As you are probably aware, generally speaking hum is most often associated with faulty capacitors and bad capacitors can turn into the equivalent of low value resistors, if not actual short circuits, so they can cause damage and even fire. Any such components will be hot to the touch (turn power off before touching!).

I am not familiar with the H182, but I hope someone familiar with that model can help you.

-------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

thank you very much for having answered me I will explore all the avenues to find the fault and control the temperature of the capacitors it is very nice to you

Comment

Working...
      X