Source for the start/run switch plate for my B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for the start/run switch plate for my B3

The letters on the plate "turn on run after start is on" have faded and mostly come off. Thought I'd look for a new plate but can't find one on the various Hammond web site supply houses. Does anyone know where to find one?

thanks

The eBay switch plates pictured in the above eBay listing are all from an M3, and will not fit a B3, C3, etc.
    TREK-II has them. They are better quality than the originals. I have them on my organs

https://trekii.com/products/rsp-1.html

Unfortunately, they are shown as out of stock.

Comment

As those plates are engraved, you can simply re-letter it with acrylic paint. It takes all of five minutes. Wipe it over the engraved letters, wait a few minutes and wipe with a damp cloth.

This paint is readily available, including Amazon. The color you want is “Taffy”.

Be sure to thoroughly clean the plate prior to painting.

While you at it, do the other plates as well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by carioca100 View Post
        The letters on the plate "turn on run after start is on" have faded and mostly come off. Thought I'd look for a new plate but can't find one on the various Hammond web site supply houses. Does anyone know where to find one?
        Trek makes a great replacement but it is likely permanently out of stock. They can't get any made for a decent price anymore so they have dropped them for now. It's been several years.

Other than used, your best chance is to find a Trek distributor that still has them in stock. I was fortunate to find one from George Fish. You can find him at fishorgans.com and maybe he has more. Great guy.

The facebook Hammond/Leslie group is another good place to ask.

Finally, you can refresh the letters with a white lacquer stick. Rub it on, carefully wipe it off and the white is good as new.

Comment

All great suggestions.

thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X