Hammond A-102 Foam Repair Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmyjam View Post
    So I quick jumped all the tone wires together, hooked one lead off the multimeter to that jumper wire, checked to make sure resistance through the jumper to each tone wire post was negligible, then connected the other lead to one busbar at a time.
    That would certainly find dead contacts and shorted contacts, but not anything that was mis-wired. But that would be unlikely if it was unmolested.

I make my kid help me and it goes pretty fast. I also check for shorts at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by tmccann View Post

That would certainly find dead contacts and shorted contacts, but not anything that was mis-wired. But that would be unlikely if it was unmolested.

I make my kid help me and it goes pretty fast. I also check for shorts at the same time.
      that’s a very good point! I checked each repaired wire individually with the single, correct tone generator wire prior to jumping them together for the final test.

I’ll add that clarification to my post! My kiddo isn’t even 2 yet so she stays on her own side of the shop haha

Comment

Working...
      X