L112 Bus Bar issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L112 Bus Bar issues

I did the upper manual foldback and it worked fine except that I skipped the step about cleaning the bus bars and of course got scratchy notes afterwards. So I cleaned the bus bars as described in the HammondWiki, but the 1st leftmost drawbar is not working (which I believe is the brown cable bus bar). I don't think it's the molex plug but will have to go back in and troubleshoot. Just wondering if there are any obvious possible reasons it doesn't work? Mainly, I know there are actually 10 holes on the contacts enclosure where the bus bars go so it's possible I may have used the wrong 9 holes - I don't know.

Also, a red wire coming from the lower manual tab selector broke and I have no idea where it needs to connect to on the other end (see attached pic). Any idea where it needs to go?

Thanks!

Chris
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

From Hammond-2587.pdf Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipboard02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	806710
    Codification is as resistor color code : Brown = 1 Red = 2 Orange = 3
    And it seem the red wire go to Drawbar Bus.
    JP
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jyvoipabo; 09-19-2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Thank you - that makes sense because another wire broke off at the same place.

Comment

Well I found the "obvious" answer - the brown wire at the bus bar broke off unfortunately. I hope I can reattach it.

Comment

Well I finally got all the bus bars and key contacts working properly (long story - adding foldback was the easy part!). The problem now is that there is no volume change when adjusting the drawbars - once you pull them out the least bit they are on at full volume. I did have some wires break from the terminals on the busbar assembly and I'm not 100% sure I have them resoldered to the correct terminals. Looking at the manual they appear to be in the correct order. Does anyone know if they are wired correctly?

In the pic, the Blue wire is actually Brown because the brown is a jumper, which leads me to my next question - what's the best replacement wire/gauge for these connections? I'd like to have the correct colors in place if possible.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• enor
            enor commented
            Editing a comment
            The ground wire (black) looks like it's been through some kind of natural disaster. Which makes sense, because if there's no ground it'll act just as you say (every position is "full on")

Hello,
          The blue and black wires that go to the Molex connector are of fairly large section and need and clean connections.
          The others are less critical.
          I never understood anything about AWG, it wasn't on my electrical course.
          Often I borrow wires from old tower computers passing down the street.
          In principe, i find what is needed on the connector that comes out of the power supply unit.
          J.P.​

Comment

Originally posted by Jyvoipabo View Post
            Hello,
            The blue and black wires that go to the Molex connector are of fairly large section and need and clean connections.
            The others are less critical.
            I never understood anything about AWG, it wasn't on my electrical course.
            Often I borrow wires from old tower computers passing down the street.
            In principe, i find what is needed on the connector that comes out of the power supply unit.
            J.P.​
            Thanks - I found a post on here saying that 22 gauge is what's needed and I found some multicolored automotive wire on eBay that should work nicely.

It looks like those wires to the busbar terminals are for the presets. I'm still not 100% sure they're on the correct terminals, but I'm continuing to study the manual to understand it better. I resoldered the existing wires to the terminals and the volume adjustments in the drawbars seems to be working now. On the preset tab lever controls, at least 2 contacts have broken off in the process of trouble shooting the busbars so I ordered a "new" one off eBay. Hopefully I can get it wired correctly and working.

Comment

Working...
            X