X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Rinkerman
    replied
    Re: Hammond x77

I wanted an X-77 since they came out when I was in high school...no, it doesn't sound like a -3 series, but it was, in my opinion, a memorable landmark in Hammond history in that it was the first,last and only Hammond to collaborate with Leslie to build a specific cabinet for that model. It doesn't have the traditional lower rotor,(it has a "rotosonic" drum, a rotor with a speaker IN it..)but it does have the spinning horn. They have become pretty inexpensive, usually need a good, thorough contact cleaning and plug re-seating, but when they run right, they are a blast to play. X-77GT's with 77P leslies are the preferred ones to look for, they are the latest models, and have alot of the problems found in earlier models worked out and refined. The keys on diving board type keyboards tend to loosen up from alot of playing, the X-77 keyboards are a pain to access...I have one now, a GT model that I bought from a church in beautiful condition, still needed a good going over, I paid $600.00 for it. Good luck, Tim

Leave a comment:

• kkeys
    replied

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">The X-77 is similar in features to the H series but with two extra drawers on the upper manual. All percussion is preset and not realistic as to what is indicated on the tabs. The sound is brighter I think.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'">Video clip of an X-77 here:<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><FONT color=#800080>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOupGSp6OEk</FONT><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied

The X77 has its issues but can make a great sound - just don't expect it to be like a B3!</p>

What's with the 'near new' bit of this? We're talking about an organ that's 38 years old.</p>

Andy
    </p>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• g3
    replied

I had an X-77 for awhile a few years ago before I acquired my X-66. A nice sound and much like a B3 along with other voices and arpeggiator. Mine was noisy, pops, clicks, spits while I was playing. Removing the fluorescent lamp in the music rack and replacing it with rope light was the biggest contributor to eliminating the noise. As NYCFarmboy said, "It would be MUCH less pricey".</p>

George (G3)</p>

</p>

Leave a comment:

• NYCFarmboy
    replied

x77's with their custom matched Leslies will be MUCH less pricey than B3's and their matching 122 Leslies.

I've never heard a x77 in person but I think it would definately be worth a look, especially if the price is right.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Hammond x77

Hammond x77

Hi, I am new to organ business and am looking at buying a Hammond. I orginally thought I was interested in the B3 but wanted to hear if the X77 was worth a look. I have a line on a "near new" X77 gt with matching leslie and do not knw if it is something I should consider. Can anyone offer advice. Thanks
Working...
X