This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond T-412 - stiff axis

I've saved a Hammond T-412 and I'm trying to put it back into working order.</P>

The tonewheel generator axis is turning normaly (manualy)when the organ is turned off, but, as soon as I turn the organ on it becomes stiff and does not turnmanualy or due to the motor. What may be causing this problem?</P>

Re: Hammond T-412 - stiff axis

The stiffness feels magnetic, and not mechanical.</P>

The previous owner said that before the hammond became mute it took about 40min of the organ turned on to get sounds of the keybed, I'm thinking it may be the startup capacitor or someting, I know that the start up motors in the T series are diferent from most hammonds.</P>

Comment

Try removing the spring that connects the motor to the generatorand turning eachin order to determine if the problem lies in a stuck generator or a motor with bad bearings. The motor capacitor wouldn't cause this sort of problem. T, L, E-xxx models share the same self-starting motor and capacitor; none of these haveseparate start/run motors.

Comment

Change the run capacitor.</p>

George
        </p>

Comment

Sorry. Didn't mean to give incorrect advice. After reading the original post again I understand the problem better.

Comment

Thanks guys, actually it was just some loose screws in the motor's head... I have to re solder some capacitors (the leslie fell on the amp during transport) and I think I'll be up and running.

Comment

Working...
            X