X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riser for playing while standing.

Hello all,</P>

I have an A-100. I want to play while standing up, but the keyboard needs to be a bit higher. I'm 5' 11", So I'll need some kind of riser for the organ.</P>

I've sketched out something made with 4x4's, plywood, and lockable caster wheels (you know how heavy an A-100 is). I'm thinking about 8" height should do it. It'll be about $80.00 to $100.00 in materials. I'm just guessing at the height (~8") and that's the crux. How High should I make it? I'm not quite sure and I hoped to get some input from out there prior to committing the time and $$.</P>

Any thoughts or suggestions?</P>

Thanks, Rick</P>

Re: Riser for playing while standing.

Hello Rick, I've got casters on my L100, they raise it by 2 1/2" and it's quite okay to play standing up but it would be better a little higher for that. I put them on to make iteasy to move aroundrather than to raise it. It gets usedin a band situationso easy moving in and out of my house is important.It could go up another 5" and still be comfortable. So I reckon anything between 5" &amp; 8" would be okay for me. I wouldn't want to go any higher than 8" though.</P>

I'm 5'10".</P>

Cheers</P>

Jed</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

Re: Riser for playing while standing.

Thanks Jed,</P>

I appreciate the input.Beforeinvesting inthe materials to make the riser, I grabbed a few standard size (8") concrete blocks anda sheetof plywood for a makeshift riser and got my neighbor to help me hoist the organ up onto it. (I owe him a couple "o" brews for that one) It works great! Perfect height! It works so well in fact that I spent the rest of the day playing. I'll eventually get the wheels and other materials so I can move her around easier, But for now,she's playable and I have a better sense of the height I'm after.</P>

Thanks again,</P>

Rick</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

Working...
      X