X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leslie 615

Hey Everyone! Hope you all are doing well...</P>

Can anyone tell me anything about a Leslie 615. I saw one for sale and I can't seem to find a whole lot of info about it on the web...</P>

Thanks!</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Re: leslie 615

Not a common cabinet, I don't think we had any over here at all.</p>

It's solid state, with 3 amps driving 6 speakers. Total 140 watts. Rotary is handled by a 6x9" in a Rotosonic drum and the usual treble driver and spinning horns.</p>

The other two channels are straight. Left and right, basically. All bass (including that from the rotary channel) is diverted to a 12" or 15" unit and the treble on each channel then usually goes to a 6x9" and a very small tweeter like a 3".</p>

It will be 11 pin hookup. As for its size, think 145 and you'll be there.</p>

Great if you have a 3 channel organ and can hook it up OK, Will work on a single channel organ but it's a bit gutless if it's like the two channel equivalent, the 415.</p>

Andy
    </p>

</p>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Thanks Andy. The info is greatly appreciated. I figured it was one of those rotosonic leslies. They don't follow the traditional 122, 145 trail, but they are useable in the right applications from what I have read. I have a D152, so I"m not sure if that would be the best scenario or not. THe guys selling it is asking 600.00 which isn't bad, but it's more than I have to spend right now. </P>

Cheers!</P>

Comment

I don't think that it would be great on a D anyway, Craig. When I was with Kawai, I had 2 x 415's to take round with me. They were crap. The treble speaker looked like it had come from some portable transistor radio. So I got our engineer to re-speaker them, with JBL drivers. 15" bass unit, 10" mid range in place of the 6x9", and a horn treble driver. they screamed after that. The amps and rotary channel speakers were left stock.</p>

If you get a small cab like a 415/315/615, it's something to think about doing. Not that expensive or difficult, and makes a big difference.</p>

600 sounds OK, and it will be just right for someone who's got an 11 pin socket ready on the back of their organ at home.</p>

Andy
        </p>
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Yeah, I mean it's a Leslie, but its not one of the more popular ones. It has that rotosonic drum, that personally, I am not a big fan of. But, it's a Leslie, none the less.

Comment

Working...
          X