This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-2 Mods

Hello, newbie here. I just purchased an M-2, everything appears in working order. The cabinet other than some scratches, drink rings and paint residue from scraping through doors i suppose is in pretty fair shape as well and it camwe with the bench complete with oil chart. </P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

My questions are:</P>

1. can the speed of the vibrato be controlled, it seems very fast on both upper and lower?</P>

2. Is it possible to wire in a percussion unit from an L-112, I am not worried about the physical mounting but the possibility of wiring it in.</P>

3 What also is the possibility of adding reveb</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Thanks to all in advance and glad to be apart of the community in my small way</P>

Michael Hickman</P>

Broken Arrow Studio</P>

Austin, TX</P>

Re: M-2 Mods

The vibrato speed is the same for upper and lower and cannot be changed. It is run from the tone generator and fixed in speed to the run motor. If the run motor spped was to change, the vibrato would also BUT, so would the organ pitch.</p>

I think the TrekII percussion would be a much simpler solution for percussion. The L-series would work but needs a power supply and the switches would be a problem. Even the TrekII switches are mounted on a block made to fit a console model but could be modified for your M.</p>

Reverb was an option with these organs and took the form of a separate amp and speaker and was simply connected to the organ speaker. One version had the reverb speaker mounted just behind the music rack while another version had the reverb speaker in a separated cabinet. Perhaps one of those Hammond options could be found on ebay or the like.
    </p>

George
    </p>

Comment

Thanks for you r info and reply geoelectro</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

[quote user="geoelectro"] </P>

I think the TrekII percussion would be a much simpler solution for percussion. The L-series would work but needs a power supply and the switches would be a problem. Even the TrekII switches are mounted on a block made to fit a console model but could be modified for your M. [/quote]</P>

I looked at the TrekII and they are close to $300. I can build an enclosure for the swithces and can buy the unit for under $20, if i need a transformer, seems i could find that pretty cost effectively as well.</P>

[quote user="geoelectro"] </P>

Reverb was an option with these organs and took the form of a separate amp and speaker and was simply connected to the organ speaker. One version had the reverb speaker mounted just behind the music rack while another version had the reverb speaker in a separated cabinet. Perhaps one of those Hammond options could be found on ebay or the like.
      </P>

George
      </P>

[/quote]</P>

I have found a couple of different reverb options on ebay, one with amp and one with just the spring chamber. They are both cheap enough that if i can't make them work i am really not out much. But I think i will pursue the perc option above if i can get a schematic on the L series</P>

Comment

Well it's not just a transformer. It's a tube power supply for the high voltage B+ and tube filament voltage. You could use the L-series power supply too. In fact, you could use that amp/power supply for your reverb too since the L-series has reverb.</p>

George
        </p>

Comment

I got a response back from the Trek II folks and the TP-2B perc module wil not work on the M series organs. I went ahaead and bought the L series perc &amp; vib amp and switches for $16.00 so if I cant figure it out not really out much. The next best thing would be to change out the amp to the M-3 amd which has the prec built in and get a set of switches. I am currently looking at a switch set so if it stays reasonable I will pick it up. Now I nee the L series schematic to see how it is wired in and if I canwireit into my M2 amp. BTW what is the model # of the M-2 amp?</P>

Thanks</P>

Michael</P>

Comment

Working...
          X