This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preamp "tone control" adjustment?

In my C-2 on the back of the preamp, there is an adjustment screw marked "tone control" what does that screw adjust and how? I was going to fiddle with it and see for myself but I'm getting smarter in my old age and fiddling less since i have screwed up so many things in the past doing just that. My C2 is hooked to a Hammond HR-40 and a Leslie 50C that has been converted to single channel use. It sounds good but super clean even when you floor it. I'd like it to maybe break up just a little, How do I get it to do that?

Re: preamp "tone control" adjustment?

The tone control is basically a treble adjustment. All the way clockwise is no tone effect or full bandwidth. Turning it counter clockwise will reduce the treble.</p>

Geoelectro
    </p>

Comment

Re: preamp &quot;tone control&quot; adjustment?

You might want to try adjusting the pot in the swell capacitor box for some preamp overdrive. Turning the pot counter-clockwise increases the gain. There's instructions on HammondWiki on how to properly set the level.
      Home: '57 Hammond B3; '60 Hammond A-100; '64 Leslie 251; '77 Leslie 330; '80 Leslie 770; '64 Hammond PR-40
      Church: '81 Zimmer 26-rank mechanical pipe organ

Comment

Re: preamp &quot;tone control&quot; adjustment?

[quote user="Polkahero"]You might want to try adjusting the pot in the swell capacitor box for some preamp overdrive. Turning the pot counter-clockwise increases the gain. There's instructions on HammondWiki on how to properly set the level.[/quote]

</p>

This "pot" is not a potentiometer, it's a variable capacitor that adjusts the preamp overall feedback for stability. The factory setting is; </p>

turn it all the way clockwise, then back it out 1 to 1 1/2 turns.</p>

Geoelectro
        </p>

Comment

Working...
        X