This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recapping an A0-10 preamp?

I am certain my C-2 needs the caps in the preamp replaced. Tonewheel General sells a kit consisting of a silver cannister containing multiple caps and 3 separate caps in a kit. This seems likea job I should be able to handle. I can solder and de-solder but am a little apprehensive because I've never done one before. Can anyone walk me through it? I am most confused about how to drain all residual energy from the cannister since it has multiple prongs.How do I successfully do this job without killing myself or wrecking the organ?

Re: Recapping an A0-10 preamp?

Anybody have any idea how to drain this can style power supply cap? It looks like a metal tube but it's soldered in place. There are multiple prongs coming out of the bottom of it.

Comment

Re: Recapping an A0-10 preamp?

IF the preamp is working normally, all caps will drain within a minute after turning it off. You can connect a clip lead to ground and touch the other end to each terminal to make sure. Even check it with a meter. If the caps were fully charged, you wouldn't want to short them to ground but rather, connect a series resistor to ground such as a 1K and let it drain through it.</p>

Geoelectro
      </p>

Comment

Working...
      X