X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting a Hammond M3

New to the forums but I'm about to join the family!</p>

I pick up my Hammond M3 on Monday and although I believe it will fit in my van upright (I did the measurements already) is there anything I need to do to transport it safely? Is there any problems with laying the Hammond on its back to ensure it doesn't tip over? I called a local Hammond expert that repairs these and described how to remove the back, unbolt the "top hats" and flip them upside down and rebolt for moving the Hammond if I have to transport it on its back. I honestly don't know the mechanics of these things yet and I don't want to damage my new baby B.</p>

I believe I'll end up loading and driving it upright in the back of the van and just securing it really well. Any advice? Your help is much appreciated! [:D]
    </p>

Re: Transporting a Hammond M3

Never mind, I found it!</p>

If anyone else finds this thread in their search: http://www.dairiki.org/HammondWiki/MovingAHammond</p>

Great information!!!
    </p>

Comment

Yep, and I think the site says it, but you should bolt down the generator even if you're leaving the organ upright.
      1955 M3 (in good hands!)
      1962 A100
      1942 BC
      too many other keyboards...

Comment

Just yesterday, Iimpulse bought an M3 for peanuts, and had to get it home in my station wagon with two carseats worth of kiddoes. I had no tools, it was pouring, and I had to lay it on its back and hang it out the back of the car, and drive it 5 miles in the pouring rain. Sorry to those of you who cringe at rading this! :)</P>

It came through the ordeal just fine. I think these things are tougher than people realize. </P>

I'm certain that any oil that was in the reservoirs is now all over the place, but I doubt that will cause much trouble. Moreover, I doubt there was that much oilthere in the first place.</P>

Hmm.. now that I have an M2, and M3, and an A, one of those spinets should maybe go into the shop for a chop. &gt;:-)</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        ALLEN 900 MOS-1 Draw Knob
        HAMMOND 1937/8 Model A w/Goff installed Perc. (Currently on the fritz) w/PR-40
        HAMMOND Model M3 & M2
        KAWAI MP-9500 Piano--RHODES 73 Suitcase--WURLITZER School Model
        WINTER Spinet Piano--ROLAND Lucina

Comment

Working...
        X