X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Organs

Dear Devotees:</p>

Would anyone know of where I may purchase or obtain the Instruction book for a Thomas "Trinon" organ.</p>

We purchased it second hand, but there was no instructions or any thing else.</p>

Thanking you,</p>

cato40</p>

Re: Thomas Organs

I tried a couple of sites that have some of the organ manuals with no luck. Hopefully someone here has one.</p>

Where did you get this one from? I'm curious.</p>

Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it.</p>

</p>
    Lloyd
    Lowrey SU-630 Palladium, Lowrey GX-1, Hammond Aurora

Comment

There was a big blue box with a learning kit included with each Thomas sold at the time. I see complete or partial sets available on Ebay from time to time. The large blue binder from thekit would be very helpful to any Thomas owner. As far as the actual owners manual, it is probably more rare, but judging by my 855 manual it just shows the layout of the instrument, explains couplers and non voice controls, and then gives several pages of suggested registrations.</P>

If you have any previous organ experience you can find tutorials on Theater registration online. If you search the archives I've provided that link in previous posts.</P>

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply, Now where can I find the following:</p>

Trianon's sub-model number,and where would it be located;plus your previous posts.</p>

Thanking you,</p>

cato 40</p>

p.s. How can I activate the top row of keys, we are only able to play with the bottom and middle rows.</p>

Comment

There is usually a maker's plate with model and serial numbers on the organ. It may be underneath the keyboards, around at the back where the AC cord goes in, or perhaps (I've seen this several times on Thomas organs) on a card or plate inside the organ.</p>

There were two models of Trianon - very different animals. The 606 (1st photo) was the early one, with a very rounded horseshoe sweep of tabs. The 628 (2nd photo) was later, different technology and had straighter rows of tabs. Also had full length pedals instead of short ones.</p>

You need to state which one you have to get the right books! Organ Service Company may be able to help, or perhaps W D Greenhill here in the UK. Bill Greenhill was boss of Thomas UK.</p>

In both organs, it's the blue set of voices (mainly percussions like bells etc) that play from the solo manual.</p>

Andy</p>

</p>

</p>
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Look for a black stop tab labeled "Solo to Orch Coupler." This will allow you to play the solo manual.

Comment

I purchased my books from Bill Greenhill Sales. They are located in the UK. Their e-mail address for inquires is [email protected] and their Web site address is http://www.wdgreenhill.com.

Comment

Working...
              X