No announcement yet.

The Organ Forum dead pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to be honest, it would probably have to be Allens if they want a UK distributor/dealer. And as it's such a small, almost niche, make, would Allens want it?
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

I’m not sure where we have got to with this marque but I’ve just had an e-newsletter from Allen’s Music Centre (UK) saying they are thrilled to have been appointed the Ringway and Orla dealer for Europe. Is that new news or old news?

Looking further, it appears to be Ringway organs - the RS1000EU and “exciting new home organ models coming very soon” - plus the latest Orla range of portable and home digital pianos, even digital ‘grand piano’ style models too. So apparently not Orla organs.
      Last edited by RogerM; 10-07-2019, 09:02 AM.
      Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
      Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

Well, pretty soon they'll be the only dealer in the UK for new home organs! OK, someone will be handling Bohm and Bemore. So, they're covering all the bases. In this case having Ringway will marry up with the new Lowrey 'replacements' called Estey (Fletchers already owned the name) which are being made by Ringway.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
          the new Lowrey 'replacements' called Estey (Fletchers already owned the name) which are being made by Ringway.
          I didn’t know that. And so the Lowrey name is set to disappear? Can’t see anything on the Net. Who are Fletchers?

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
            Ringway will marry up with the new Lowrey 'replacements' called Estey (Fletchers already owned the name) which are being made by Ringway.
            Wait, what?!

Comment

The Lowrey name has disappeared. It will only reappear if Kawai decide to apply it to another range of products or sell it to another company.

Fletchers were probably Lowrey USA's biggest dealer, based in Florida. Given Lowrey's demise, they have teamed up with UK distributors Allens Music to have a new range of organs made to 'replace' the smaller instruments in the Lowrey range. Bil Curry, who had been with Lowrey since the the year dot, has been overseeing/advising on the spec and voicing of the new models, which should appear later in the year. Fletchers bought the rights to the Estey name some years ago (Estey were well known for making pump organs in the late 1800s/early 1900s so it was a good American name) and at the time they applied it to some of the then current Orla models, to give them a cheaper instrument (and probably a better instrument) than the entry level Lowreys. So now, they're going to use that name again, putting it on organs built for them by Ringway.

No news yet on larger models. Wersi were mentioned as possible builders, but that doesn't seem to have come to anything.

Comment

Thanks, Andy. I’d heard of Estey organs but didn’t know their modern history and certainly not that Fletchers/Ringway are going to use the name, even though I knew Ringway are stepping up to the plate.

Comment

As Allen's already have the Wersi range, (Robert Bartha is demonstrating at the upcoming Allen's Music festival I believe) it would be a bit strange to rename something, however it may be an opportunity for Bemore to get their foot in the UK & US markets, particularly as like Lowrey they are designed to be easy to play.

Bill

Comment

Whoever builds the bigger Lowreys has a mammoth task on their hands, given that many Lowrey owners rely on the thousands of factory presets. I know some who only ever use the presets and never, ever choose a sound manually, or store their own sounds. Having now set sounds up on a big Lowrey (albeit while still finding my way around it) it took me a good five minutes to get a basic preset set up. Multiply by thousands..........

Comment

Andy, I think another part of it is the appearance as well? The glitzy look with those light up key guides, light show etc etc.?

When I remember seeing Tom demonstrate the Aria Pro, it looked like he could at least switch individual pipe ranks on and off as well as trems using the touch screen...

Comment

Letters over the keys, these Chinese Lowreys need to keep the letters over the keys.

Comment

• RogerM
                          RogerM commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Doesn’t sound like you. Are you feeling alright?

• andyg
                          andyg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He's feeling fine, what he wants is for them to put Chinese letters over the keys!
                      Working...
                      X