Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bemore Genesis Organ Price

Well we now know http://www.musictraders.co.uk/genesis-home-930-p.asp

I am sure most members on here are already getting their cheque books out.

Enjoy

Bill

LOL.

Doomed.

Comment

Bemore should Beless
      Lowrey MX2 (NT400x)
      Thomas Floridian Classic -- aka Wersi Rondo Classic
      Kimball K800 'Fascination' Theater Organ
      Conn 650 - Type 1 with Conn Pipes - Model #145
      Baldwin Cinema 2 (214-DR)
      Wersi Spectra DX 700 CD - LiveStyle, Memory Tower
      Wersi Beta DX400 TS - (with AMS)
      Wersi Delta DX 500 - (with AMS)
      Wersi Pegasus Keyboard!
      MOOG Eterwave Standard Theremin & MOOG Werkstatt
      Roland GAIA SH-01 Virtual Analog Synthesizer
      Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano!

Comment

And still geared toward the professional musician who never uses sheet music since there is no logical place to put it without covering the critical LCD navigation display! But then again, those are about the only people who could justify that price.
        Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
        Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
        Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

There is a music rest, but it's been much criticised.

Comment

Wow, that looks like an incredibly cheap afterthought. Perhaps added by drilling a couple of holes in the case after some negative feedback. I can see why it has been criticized.
            Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
            Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
            Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

White plastic-look organs look cheap enough to start with (cf. Wersi).

Comment

I will stick with my technics GA3, still great organ and much cheaper than that.

Comment

The latest post on Music Traders Facebook page shows the first organ ready for shipping to the UK with a perspex music stand.

https://www.facebook.com/musictraders.co.uk

Comment

I prefer the coathanger wire one to that!

Comment

Yes, they clearly forgot the music desk entirely at the design stage, as we've said before. Perhaps they thought people would use an pdf musid reader app on that big screen, then remembered that if they did that, then they wouldn't be able to access the controls! The perspex one looks very amateurish to me.

And I can remember seeing that type of generic push button with the LED built in, in all the Italian organs of the early 80s..... presumably because they were cheap!

Now Paul Carman's a nice guy and a canny businessman, so he must see an opening in the market somewhere. Exactly where, I can't personally see. But it does mean that the Bemore will hopefully do the rounds of the festivals and I'll have a chance to check one out in the flesh. Then we'll have a report to read - once I've typed it up.
                      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
                      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
                      Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

On the brighter side it's good that Bemore is one word. Imagine having BM engraved on the music desk.

td

Comment

Heh, when I went to ASU, .. in the bathroom in the music dept., above the roll of TP, someone wrote 'BM' Degrees.. ahem..
                          Lowrey MX2 (NT400x)
                          Thomas Floridian Classic -- aka Wersi Rondo Classic
                          Kimball K800 'Fascination' Theater Organ
                          Conn 650 - Type 1 with Conn Pipes - Model #145
                          Baldwin Cinema 2 (214-DR)
                          Wersi Spectra DX 700 CD - LiveStyle, Memory Tower
                          Wersi Beta DX400 TS - (with AMS)
                          Wersi Delta DX 500 - (with AMS)
                          Wersi Pegasus Keyboard!
                          MOOG Eterwave Standard Theremin & MOOG Werkstatt
                          Roland GAIA SH-01 Virtual Analog Synthesizer
                          Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano!

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post
                            Now Paul Carman's a nice guy and a canny businessman, so he must see an opening in the market somewhere. Exactly where, I can't personally see.
                            It'll be the same deal as Wersi. Software driven and chucked together from off the shelf components? The margin on them will be colossal!

Comment

Originally posted by seamaster View Post
                              It'll be the same deal as Wersi. Software driven and chucked together from off the shelf components? The margin on them will be colossal!
                              Good luck selling - what is in reality, a couple of MIDI controller keyboards, a MIDI pedalboard, some buttons and a PC with a small touchscreen and some software wrapped in an MDF box sprayed with car paint - for these prices

I'll sell you a MOMBOC Mk1 (pictured below) for one fifth of the price of the Bemore and you'll get something that is more capable, more flexible, more customisable and more upgradable AND has a height and reach adjustable music rest.

Yes, it could do with some aesthetic enhancement, but see below

For 23000 pounds I'll even put it in a wooden box - like this - AND give you thumb pistons AND your choice of pedalboard size/compass!!

AND some steak knives!!
                              Last edited by Momboc; 04-11-2017, 01:43 AM.
                              My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

Working...
                              X