Bemore Genesis Organ Price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammond-Organist View Post
    With the latest trend to have a large ish central screen I wonder who will be the first to install a wide screen, perhaps even Cinerama.
    That is a 'wide screen', but certainly not as wide as Cinerama! You'll find some 'wide' screens on the big Rolands, some higher end Yamaha keyboards, Wersis etc. The resolution and aspect ratio might not be up there with a PC or tablet yet, though.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Now approaching 50 year since I started to attempt to play a organ I often wonder what it would be like starting out again today with the wealth of digital instruments and options available more or less for penny's. Our friend in Leeds has probably the best buy of the century with that Roland 30. Amazing! Funny old job this, on one hand its sad to see the instruments go out of fashion shall we say but on the other newcomers can start out with fine organs from the outset.
      I'm still learning to play as well
      HAMMOND XE200 Special Edition

Comment

Good Afternoon, having came across this forum and having read some of the comments regarding the Bemore Organs, I felt it was necessary to input my opinion. First of all I find a lot of the comments I have read in this forum most confusing, being as I dont think anyone who has so far commented actually been to see the Organ in the flesh. However much I appreciate that this is a forum for peoples opinions on products etc, I feel that what is forgotten about all too easily is that the creators of said instrument and those who chose to market it put tonnes of hours (many of them being out of office hours) to create new and exciting products for you the end user.

Whether this product is to your taste or not, you are potentially ruining peoples livelihood with what are just rude and vile comments. As true with any Organ past or present, there will be features on them that are not to everybody's taste and i think its fair to say that rings true for any product, organ based or not. But what i have noticed all too much in my few years within the business, is that people within the 'Organ World' are far ruder concerning products/features that are not to their taste compared to in any other line of business. Reading this forum makes it so clear to me as to why the Organ market is fading.Nobody is satisfied with anything. I can bet that out of the people on here who have made comments about the Bemore, only a tiny percentage of you have either heard or saw the organ in real life.

How can anybody make a judgement on anything without seeing or hearing it? Also have any of you sat at the organ and tried it? I see comments saying that it must still be geared towards professional players and this is simply not the case. Those who have brought/tried the Bemore have all complemented the product on its ease of use. In regard to the pricing of the Genesis, it is priced fairly and in line with its nearest competitor.

As any business we look to make money but we have not put a higher mark up on this Organ and we do not make thousands of pounds profit. The music rest (as it seems to be a popular topic of conversation) was originally 'the coat hanger' design but has since been changed to a beautifully crafted clear perspex design with the Bemore logo carved into the centre of it. No, its not the full length of the organ, but it hold music perfectly and does the job it needs to.

As i mentioned I fully appreciate that people will have their opinion and these forums are a way of expressing it, but when us a Music Traders and Bemore work as hard as we do to then read rude comments from people who have no real clue on the product, its very frustrating. I would ask you all to come and try the product before posting such damning and negative comments about it.
        Last edited by Matthew Carman; 02-15-2018, 05:55 AM. Reason: paragraphs

Comment

Ever read How To Win Friends And Influence People, Matt? I recommend it.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Matthew

You will obviously know who I am! You make some fair points. Admin and moderators will allow members to express opinions, of course.

I've read through the thread so far, partly to see if I've been unfair! I don't think I have been. I didn't like the wire coat hanger and I still don't like the look of the perspex one, both personal opinions which I'm entitled to voice. I wasn't keen on the look of the push buttons either, but I now see that several new music products are starting to use similar looking ones - maybe I'm just not 'on trend'!

I personally don't judge products for sound quality etc until I've tried them. So here's what we should do. You're at Eastbourne with Tony and Andrew next week. I'll pop across and you can show me the Bemore and I can try it out. Then I'll make an independent review available. If it's got good points, they'll be praised and if it's got bad points they'll be mentioned. Same as I always did with Keyboard Player.

Best regards to Paul, and I hope to see you next week.
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.

Comment

Paul is there this weekend. You will be more than welcome to go and have a look at the Organ

Comment

I'll call in tomorrow or over the weekend.

Comment

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...erage-earnings

https://www.incometaxcalculator.org.uk/?ingr=28600

The price exceeds the entire average annual earnings in the UK - before any other expenses

Good luck with the value proposition - but the rude and vile facts are that this is a premium product with a high price being sold into a diminishing market

As I said in Post#23 I have no problem with the product but obviously the people buying these Organs aren't coming on this Forum to praise their value and extol their virtues

http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post448277
                  Last edited by Momboc; 02-15-2018, 06:02 PM.
                  My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

If you look at some of the bigger Lowery models or Wersi's you will find the pricing to be at that top end also. Also some top end keyboards can set you back a fair chunk of your hard earned wages these days but there are people out there clearly still interested and happy to pay today's prices. The same would have been said 25-30 years ago with any Organ brought im sure in the sense that it is a large percentage of annual income spent, but if people enjoy it as their hobby the money will be spent. There's no denying that the market for these products is diminishing but there are still people out there willing to spend this kind of money on an instrument.

The reason you can create the MOMBOC so cheaply is that you allow other people/companies to do the work on your behalf then throw it together on a 'medium span shelving unit and some chipboard' which like you said comes at very little cost to yourself.

With the Bemore on the other hand, Richard (Bemore founder) builds every cabinet by hand. He has all of his own wood cutting equipment at his workshop that he uses. Bemore also has its very own dedicated software writer, meaning all software on the Organ has been written specifically for the Bemore and does not require other companies to do that on their behalf. The Organ has been designed to run off one screen meaning you do not need endless menus to navigate your way through sounds and styles plus the Bemore has been designed to read styles from all Organ and Keyboard products meaning you can use your favourite styles from different instruments all in one place.

Personally for me, I would sooner pay extra knowing that you are getting a certain level of build and aesthetic quality. That's not me saying that any product costing less than the Bemore is not of a good quality! We proved that with the Ringways and there are many other products out there costing less that are very good! But in my opinion you get what you pay for, and with the Bemore, you get a product that has been meticulously designed and hand crafted by professionals for home enthusiasts that enjoy a little bit more than shelving and chipboard thrown together with everyone else's software (my opinion).

With the Bemore brand being still fairly new to the UK market, I would say that a little bit more time is needed but I am positive that you will see some positive reviews on here soon!

Comment

Please let Paul know that I'll be over on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

How nice to see Mathew Carman's comments. I know that he is in the business and thank goodness for that. There have been far too many boringly repetitive and pointless negative comments about organs that are still in production on this forum. I look forward to hearing what Andyg thinks about the Bemore as he will at least have seen, played and heard it.

Comment

There was a review in the German OKey magazine quite a while ago. They liked the Bemore. When I remember correctly they were not too happy about the Grand Piano however (I think they didn‘t like the attack behavior). I could imagine this was fixed with later SW versions. Maybe Andy can give us his impression about that, too.
                          Owned Philips Philicorda, Viscount Fair Lady and Cabaret de Luxe, Hohner Virtuos, Yamaha electone c-605. Now playing Hammond Aurora Classic, Technics GA3 and Roland G-800.

Comment

There is a review from Organ & Keyboard Calvacade on the Bemore Instruments website

http://bemore-instruments.com/reviews

I look forward to Andyg's review

Any way - back on topic about Bemore Organ pricing.

The MOMBOC Mk1 is not a commercial product - it is my garage built, self assembled, modular, Windows based, software driven, MIDI Organ. My point in posts 15 and 18 was to use it as a comparitor to commercial, PC based instruments such as a Bemore or Wersi Organ. I also acknowledge that it is ugly - at least until I shovel the components into one of the several Hammond Concorde or Grandee cabinets I have acquired (for free)

When you decompose these instruments into their constituent parts and then add up the costs of the parts (at full retail) you dont even come close to the retail asking price of the assembled commercial unit.

Of course the costs of a commercial unit include not only the direct materials but also the direct labour to build the Organ and business overheads.

Having launched a commercial product, Bemore is now on the hook to feed the business and support the staff listed on the website:
                            • Bemore Founder/Designer
                            • MusicTraders UK / Sales
                            • Deliveries/ Administration
                            • System Architect/Firmware Programmer
                            • Administration / Sales
                            • CNC Metal Engineer
                            • 2x CNC Woodworkers

I wish you all the Business success in the world; and I hope you can attract the customers you will need at the prices you are asking to make the Bemore the "Organ of the future".

In the meantime I'll spend my money and time on an alternative approach.
                            Last edited by Momboc; 02-16-2018, 02:40 PM.
                            My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

The best laid plans etc etc.

I'd planned to go over to Eastbourne tomorrow afternoon to do the review, but Music Traders have to leave the event earlier in the day as they're delivering - a Bemore! I will catch up with one soon and write that report. Watch this space....

In the meantime, I'd say that this thread has probably run its course for the time being. If there's nothing substantial added in the near future I'll close it and we'll revisit it when the report is done.

Comment

Working...
                              X