• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bemore Discovery Organ Launched

The first one already sold

https://www.facebook.com/musictraders.co.uk/

Enjoy

Bill

What does it mean when they say that this instrument has less sound layers than the Genesis organ?

Comment

I think they mean "fewer" sound layers. I wonder if that's like combinations of sounds that can be stacked or layered atop each other. Maybe something like "festival trumpet" could be a layer that's brought to the front when needed.
      -- I'm Lamar -- 1967 Allen TC-4 Project (forum thread)
      -- 1899 Kimball Parlor Organ (forum thread)
      -- 1999 Rodgers W5000C and Hauptwerk - spare W5000C for spares
      -- Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3 and E-112 - Roland RD300nx stage piano
      -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

If it follows the way Wersi and Bohm do things, (Which the Genesis does) then unlike most organs there are no sound sections, but you can combine (Layer) any number of sounds up to the maximum layers allowed.

Below is a demo of Wersi OAX in professional mode which describes what layers are. (The Bemore is like the Easy mode of OAX where the number of layers is fixed)

Hope this clarifies

Bill

Comment

Thank you, Bill. Actually, that's pretty similar to the schemes used in my Rodgers (via Roland) and Roland piano. On the Rodgers I would have preferred being able to use as many voices as there are stops, but they didn't build it that way.

On edit: It's VERY much like my Rodgers, except that it uses list picks, buttons, and drag n' drop, whereas the Rodgers uses physical buttons and an elaborate menu system in the green window.
          -- I'm Lamar -- 1967 Allen TC-4 Project (forum thread)
          -- 1899 Kimball Parlor Organ (forum thread)
          -- 1999 Rodgers W5000C and Hauptwerk - spare W5000C for spares
          -- Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3 and E-112 - Roland RD300nx stage piano
          -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

Found on YouTube

Enjoy

Bill

Comment

What kind of location is that for a headphone socket?

Comment

Bemore - socket to em

Well I suppose there isnt a perfect place for headphone socket. Most organs seem to have them underneath the lower manual either on the right or the left. My Lowrey Contempo has it on the right side of controls. The Bemore is on the left of the controls so not unkown then.

The other issue of course is what side of the headphones does the lead emerge. On my headphones its from the right ear which is frustrating for me as the soclet on most of my organs is on the left side.

Of course the best thing to do is turn the Leslie up and put your foot down. Of course the neighbours might not be happy

QUOTE=seamaster;472587]What kind of location is that for a headphone socket?[/QUOTE]

Comment

You could always rewire the headphones plug and swap left and right sides.

There have been some daft places for headphones sockets over the years. Above the keyboards on the 'wrong' side is a recipe for headphones cords simply getting in the way.
                  It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
                  Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
                  Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

It's a PC at its core - so you should be able to Bluetooth into it
                    My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

-- and there are a bunch of wireless headphones you can buy that don't require Bluetooth as well... Various styles are constructed so you can just turn the headphones around to reverse them..
                      Lowrey MX2 (NT400x)
                      Thomas Floridian Classic -- aka Wersi Rondo Classic
                      Kimball K800 'Fascination' Theater Organ
                      Conn 650 - Type 1 with Conn Pipes - Model #145
                      Baldwin Cinema 2 (214-DR)
                      Wersi Spectra DX 700 CD - LiveStyle, Memory Tower
                      Wersi Beta DX400 TS - (with AMS)
                      Wersi Delta DX 500 - (with AMS)
                      Wersi Pegasus Keyboard!
                      MOOG Eterwave Standard Theremin & MOOG Werkstatt
                      Roland GAIA SH-01 Virtual Analog Synthesizer
                      Casio Privia PX-160 Digital Piano!

Comment

Surely the latency and loss in quality torpedoes Bluetooth as a serious option?

Comment

Yes, Bluetooth is almost certainly a no-no. The latency will be above the threshold where most people can't cope. Non-bluetooth wireless? I'd imagine there will be some latency there too.
                          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
                          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
                          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

I have used Sennheiser wireless headphones for many years.
                            -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
                            Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
                            Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

Well, I just checked... The beloved Hammond XE200 has the headphone socket at the same position like the Bemore. However it has no buttons below it.

I think the position is not so good, but I also don‘t like the socket UNDER the organ. Is always a fuss to find it (especially if there a several sockets - like on my GA3).

I don‘t think that „normal“ wireless headphones have a considerable delay, as many people use them for watching TV - which would not be possible if they are not synchronous to the lips of the actors.
                              Owned Philips Philicorda, Viscount Fair Lady and Cabaret de Luxe, Hohner Virtuos, Yamaha electone c-605. Now playing Hammond Aurora Classic, Technics GA3 and Roland G-800.

Comment

Working...
                              X