X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Electone HS8 or El70

Hello everone,

I am planning to buy a new electone but i cannot decide yet. As a kid I used an HS4 model so i am very familiar with Hs series, how it sounds and use in general. I accept the fact that el series are newer and more developed in many ways but never had the chance of using one. So should i go for the HS8 or try something new with EL70 model?

Thanks in advance
    Dimitris

EL70. More advanced all round and has some proper organ sounds available with 'digital drawbars'.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

No contest the EL70 is different league to hs8, though not as good as the el90 still got very good spec, and lot more easy to use the HS organs. Still do very decent theatre and classic organ sounds as well with the right disks.

Comment

Hi Demilio.just gotta say I've just got rid of my el60...and gone back to a an HS8...
        Prior got el60 I had an HS7....I much,much prefer the HS series...and in my personal opinion...a far more interesting instrument to master..prefer sounds though...I got Lynne from Premier organs (UK)to put a great quick step rhythm on a ram pack..WOW!!! incredible
        1000%... Electone HS..anyday !!....many thanks for reading ...and..."don't ya just love making good music ..?

Comment

Each to their own! There's no doubt that the HS series has legions of fans. Alas, I'm not one - I hated them. Multi-menu nightmare every time I played one.

You've really got to try both. Hands-on is the only real way to choose. Worth mentioning that the EL60 is no EL70/90. Different league, IMHO.
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

thanks a lot guys for your opinion!! I have to say i went for the el70 but i lost the auction for 10 pounds in the last 3 seconds! Anyway i ordered a second hand HS8 model! Didn't get that yet couse i live in Greece and it will come from the uk..
            One problem i am concerned right now is the fact that there is no floppy disk drive. I may need to find an mdr3....

Comment

demileo,

Take a look at the classifieds section of this Forum. I know there is an MDR-3 available right now.
              Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 !!! ), E-5AR, FX-1 ( X 2 !! ), US-1, EL-25 ( Chopped ). Allen 601D, ADC 6000D. Lowrey CH32-1. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with Vista ), Allen L123 ( with Navigator ). Rodgers 755. 1919 Wangerin 2/7 pipe organ.

Comment

I just saw it.. thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                X